Heater Valve

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
I have an A/C unit under the dash which includes a heater core. Rather than put a manual heater valve in to control the water flow (& associated cable & ugly slider control on the dash), I would like to put an electically controlled valve in so that I can control it via a potentiometer / knob on the dash. Does any one know whether such valves are available (I assume that it would have to incorporate a stepper motor & some electronics) ?

I believe CAV used a knob instead of sliders,
though I'm not sure how it's all set up.
This info is gleaned from pix of the dash.

Wayne - can you fill us in on the AC set up
in the CAV?

Any RF owners/builders out there with AC?

I'm interested as well since it gets pretty
darn hot in Sacramento (this whole week we've
been in the 90's
shocked.gif

Ian

G

Guys,

I'm also having similar problems except that the unit delivered from GTD appears too large for the area in which it must be installed. It is going to either interfere with the pedal assembly or extend FAR into the right wheelwell. OR, if installed high enough for clearance, the dash won't go back in.

HELLLLLP!!!!

Ben

G

My RF has a/c and heat/defrost. The unit fits neatly under the dash and is not visible unless you stick your head in the foot well and look up. It came with the mechanical valve and cable/knob which hides under the dash and is not visible. Heater hoses connect to the main water tubes near the radiator.

Back