SABRE BUILDERS

G

FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN OR HEARD LATELY, I GUESS THAT I MAY BE FARTHER ALONG WITH MY BUILD THAT SOME PEOPLE BUILDING SABRES(ESPECIALLY IF YOU GOT YOUR PARTS AND KIT COMPONENTS AS TIMELY AND AS COMPLETE AS I DID, YEH RIGHT
mad.gif
)

I HAVE MADE SOME BENEFICIAL CHANGES THAT MAY HELP YOU IN YOUR BUILD AND EVEN HAD MY PARTNER DO SERIOUS MACHINING OF PARTS. WHEN WE DO THIS I HAVE HIM MAKE 3 OR 4 EXTRAS. ie: ADAPTERS FOR THE FLAMING RIVER RACK (STANDARD THREAD) TO THE VETTE TIE ROD ENDS (METRIC) SO THAT THE ENDS ARE NOT STRUCTURALLY COMPROMISED.

I WILL BE HAPPY TO SHARE ALL OF THESE AND ANY OF THE OTHERS THAT I COME UP WITH THAT ARE NOT COVERED IN THE WONDERFUL ASSEMBLY MANUAL THAT YOU RECEIVED (NOT).

SO IF ALL OF YOU WILL EITHER EMAIL ME OR POST HERE ON THE STATUS OF YOUR BUILDS, I WILL GET BACK WITH YOU AND SEE IF THERE IS SOMETHING THAT I HAVE LEARNED THAT MAY SAVE YOU TIME, MONEY AND THE URGE TO GRAB A PISTOL AND GO TO FLORIDA. AND IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE RECEIVED ALL OF YOUR STUFF, I HATE YOU
wink.gif

JAY
I HATE PUTTING A JIGSAW PUZZLE TOGETHER WITHOUT ALL OF THE PIECES
mad.gif

G

Does it help to be a PITA if you are trying to get parts from John?? Prepaying doesn't! Although he has eventually gotten stuff to me, it does seem to take forever. To this point, I have been very patient with John, but I was wondering if I should take a different approach?

Lynn and Jay

I need some info. I was planning on buying a Sabre GT40 next Spring. He quoted a price of $35K. Now I'm concerned because of your experience. I would go with a Roaring Forties car, but that would stretch my finances beyond what I can afford initially.

Mike Starling bought a Sabre and seems pleased so far. Mike, can you add anything to this topic?

Maybe I should wait a bit longer, secure the additional $$$, and buy the RF car. From what I've read here, it's THE car.

Bill D
Los Angeles, CA

Well if it helps Sabre sold all his molds etc to the following company:

VENTURE AUTOSPORTS
125 11TH STREET WEST
WEST FARGO, ND 58078
FAX. 701.281.7868 WWW.VENTUREAUTOSPORTS.COM

When I spoke to them they were working on getting a website up. They also manufacture a Hummer knock off.

G

Bill, Did John say if this was for a MK I or a MK III? As mentioned, he did sell the Mk I molds (they were horrible anyway) and he has built a whole new Mk III. It is an open top roadster model with a hatchback instead of the clamshell type rear clip. I saw the prototype/plug car in late July and I must say that it is FAR superior to the Mk I he was building from the old KVA cum Integrity molds. His chassis, IMHO, is beyond reproach (John is a helluva craftsman). BUT, he is stretched logistically and, I believe, somewhat finacially. As a result he has not been able to build up an inventory of parts to have on hand. The result is looong wait times for stuff. Some things he gets out fairly quickly, like fuel tanks. Others, like uprights take forever. He is a stickler for quality and the windshields have been very slow in coming because he won't use the Aussie ones which don't fit right in the lower corners. He hates making the aluminum inserts for the switch panels, so I have been asking for these for months now. He is planning to take the business to an area where skilled fabricators should be more plentiful and that will help also. John is a good guy, a skilled craftsman, and knows the cars; if he gets his ball rolling, I would do business with him in the future, but right now I am pretty POed with him. I know he will, eventually, make good on his word, but I am about to have two years into this car (Nov.) and could be weeks from the paint shop, if he would get me my stuff - some of which I have already paid for.

G

Hello All,
I would like to introduce myself and make a correction that you all may not be aware. My name is John Hester and I purchased John Donnelly's equipment. I am in the process of building my first turn key demonstrator GT40 model from my equipment. I hail from Columbus, Ohio and will operate my factory from Central Ohio. I am currently building my website and configuring model offerings together with pricing. I know some may be under the impression that John Donnelly's equipment went to Venture Autosports - I just wanted to inform everyone that did not happen. I moved the equipment to its new home in Ohio about a month ago and am planning to be in production by early to mid 2002. I am very excited and pleased to be manufacturing the car of my dreams and all of yours as well. This is all I can offer in the way of information about my company right now but more will follow in the very near future. My fellow enthusiasts who have questions can reach me via my current e-mail [email protected] . Or call me @ (614)-539-7695.

Best Regards,
John Hester

G

HEY JOHN, I'M GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU BEAT ME TO THE REPLY ON THIS THREAD. SORRY I DIDN'T CATCH IT EARLIER AND CORRECT THE ERRONIOUS INFORMATION.

I HAVE HAD THE VERY SHORT PRIVILEDGE TO TALK TO JOHN HESTER AND I WILL PASS ON TO THE FORUM THAT SO FAR MY EXPERIENCES WITH HIM HAVE BEEN PLEASENT AND FRANK. I SUGGEST THAT EVERYONE THAT IS LOOKING AT PURCHASING A GT40 IN THE FUTURE, REMEMBER JOHN AND WHAT HE POSTED.

JOHN, GIMME A CALL WHEN YOU GET A SEC OKAY.

JAY

G

Hello Jay,

I'll drop you a line in the coming week. I'm really looking forward to seeing your GT at Ed Combs' 'Spring Fling' this Spring, since its in my backyard - it'll be awesome with that Cleveland in it.

What hapened with Venture? It was only a couple of months ago that they sent me the info that I posted. Sorry for the misinformation it was unintentional...thanks for the correction.

G

Hello MN12,
No need to apologize, unless the parties involved frequently release information on their intentions/plans it is next to impossible for all to know the situation. I am not sure what happened between John Donnelly (Sabre Auto) and Venture Autosports. Sabre Auto's GT40 MKI equipment (the good molds, jigs and fixtures) were moved to Columbus the first week of September.

Best Regards,
John Hester

Back