Dry Sumps - uk availability

Hi all - I'm new to this site but does anyone know of a good source of knowledge/parts for dry sumping an all alloy 302 (Fontana) bored and stroked to 350ci.
A UK source would be ideal but will order from anywhere given reasonable delivery.
I drive / compete in Roy Smarts (GTD-40 Club Chairman) lightweight GTD and we would like to dry sump as we have fluctuating oil pressure, despite various modded sump designs.

Any idea's, source's or info would be much appreciated.

regards
[email protected]

Hi Paul

pleased to see you found the site thanks for a great day on Sunday at the AGM!!
Got plenty of snaps if you need them, (can E-Mail to you)

Chris Melia.

fluctuating oil pressure could be a couple of things, one being an ineffeciant oil pan. On the cars here we use a lot of what I call a semi-dry sump oil system. it uses a wet sump pan and a dry sump, belt driven pump. It works great for street and race aplications. The system costs about $1500 u.s. including pan. I can get you everything you need to make this system work. Let me know.

G

So, it's a 350 ci is it, I always wondered and now I know why the damn thing is so fast! It comforts me to believe that this might be why you beat me in the GTD Championship this year and not just through superior driving skill, even if it's not true. Tip of the Week: For a cheap dry sump conversion, just leave the drain plug out!
Here's to next season,
Andrew(I beat Malcolm MacAdam On An Occassional Basis)Fordyce

G

If price is a consideration you might try Armando's Oil Pans. He built me a very nice aluminum GT40 style oil pan with a notch mod in the lower rear for $379 shipped to my door. Had the choice of silver tone or cadmium gold tone. Included were two scrapers, windage tray and a 4 trap door sump area and the custom sump to fit my Melling high volume pump. I am still building, so I cannot vouch for it operationall yet. But he seems to be popular with the N. Calif. Shelby club (great links on this site.)

Email [email protected]
URL - www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/1624/
Armando Rodriguez
7819 Parmelee Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90001
(323)588-7622 Fax: (323)587-6395
Cell Phone: (323)422-0145

Back