Driving impressions part 2

I went to the track yesterday with the RF-40 for the first time. As you know it has a 485hp engine with way to much torque. I put a set of sticky tires on it in preperation of the event at Willow Springs next weekend.
Most of you know me as a Cobra racer, let me tell you this is the best car I've ever driven at a road coarse. I was at the west track at Firebird international which is a fairly tight 1.2 mile coarse. i was turning laps faster than I every have in a Cobra and I was only driving the car about 75-80%. The standard brakes with good pads stopped the car on a dime. I could put it anywere I wanted and it was totally predictable.
I can hardly wait to run it at Willow where I can take advantage of the aerodynamics and use the hp it has. I feel some really good lap times coming.
For those who are close to Willow, feel free to come out and join us for some fun this weekend. Just look for the big white transporter. If you want directions please e-mail me.

G

Gordon,

Please keep the information coming. We love to hear the good and the bad ... but most of all the good!

I believe the old 1960's words of wisdom were that the Cobra was terrifyingly fast ... with lots of white knuckles and lost of wonderful boomy sounds. The street GT40 was described as smooth, refined, and faster than any competition Cobra. Another memorable quote was that "you hadn't seen a GT40 until you had heard one."

Thanks again for the continuing commentary!

(BTW, what is the brake configuration on the RF?)

Hey Mike,
The RF has 13" rotors up front and 12" in the rear. The front calipers are PBR 4 pistons and the rears are giant one pistons.
This is just one of the things that impressed me about the car. Also all the suspension components are top notch. Its what I would term as a compitition suspension but not a full out racing setup which FR offers as an option.

Hersh
smile.gif

The car I have here does have A/C and it works great. All our cars come standard with air. In 115 degree heat it will almost freeze you out and the car never over heats.
Driving impressions part 3 will be posted after I get back from Willow.

G

Gordon

Does your car have AC?
If so how well does it work out there in
sunny Arizona?

MikeD

Back