Golf or Build???

I went to Gordon's shop this morning to pay what I owed and from there I was going to go to Globe, AZ About 60 miles away.

Then I thought about poor Hershal. Not having anybody to help him build the RF. I went to his house to give him a hand. When I got there his father said he went golfing. Now I ask everyone....Should he not be working on the RF or should he take time twice a week to go play with his balls and stick?
shocked.gif

Mikiec

Hey Mikie,
I'm on the swing shift this week. I don't start work on the GT until 7pm. then I work til' midnight. It's alot better that way.
No interuptions.
grin.gif
wink.gif
It's really hard living the retired life.
rolleyes.gif

Hersh
smile.gif

PS. sorry I missed you big guy! Thanks for the flyer and all the work you are doing to help me.

G

OK Hersh, You had me worried. You know I have bet a bundle that you would be on the road before Jay Nordstrom. Jay is already planning the engine firing party so keep crack'n.

G

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT HERSCH HAD A VOLKSWAGON
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

YEP TIS TRUE, I'M AHEAD OF YA. IF I COULD FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST A PIC I WOULD.

IF ONLY I COULD HAVE HAD A PLAN BEFORE I STARTED THIS I WOULD BE DRIVING BY NOW
grin.gif
grin.gif
OOOPS FORGOT ABOUT NOT HAVING ALL THE PARTS
mad.gif

JAY

G

Hershel HURRY UP!! Jay's gettin' ahead of you! I was there yesterday and his car is looking good. You should see that big stroked Cleveland with a COMPLETE Exhaust system! Yes old George actually made a complete set for someone, and they look great. Oh wait I think he is still waiting for the heat shield
mad.gif

I am glad you are getting ahead of me. I don't want to be the only source for "learning from someone else's mistakes".

Jay ole' buddy, you're way ahead of me!
I ain't even got an engine! VW engines are cheap though, I could have one by tomorrow but I'm afraid it might be underpowered so I'm holding out for a poerche.
grin.gif

I just finished laying out the brake route but I haven't run the lines yet. The fuel system was a real treat ! I think it's in OK. Being the first lefthand drive don't help much. I had to make a few changes that put me back a little ways. Like you I'm waiting for some small fasteners that I need to finish the panels. Hopefully by next week I will have all this stuff in and I can start fitting the spyder and body clips.
I'm more familiar with body work and I can't wait to start that. If I'm lucky thats when I might get a little closer to where you are.
Jay, you might want to take a looooong brake. You don't want to burn out do ya?
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

Hersh
smile.gif

Hershal,
Maybe you missed my earlier reply. Just to make everything clear, Robert says I'll get my car the 1st week of December. So we need to clear out some space. Wow, you'll be the man, 2 in 1 garage! He also said I'll be getting your injection system with the car so chop chop, no more golf. I'll hate to hold the fuel injection as ransum
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Don't worry John, I think I can handle the build and a little recreation.
wink.gif

Neal I didn't do to well on the links yesterday, I shot a 78 from the tips. They have overseeded the course and the greens are about a 3 on the stint meter.
grin.gif

Hersh
smile.gif

Hersh,

Very sorry about the $hitty golf game. Maybe Jay and I can give you some pointers next time we see each other. If you gave us each 2 shots a hole, we could be talked into some serious betting.
wink.gif

I think Jay will e-mail you some pictures we took soon. That 351C does make up for no woman in my life. I might marry it after she fires.

Take care.

Keith

Hi Kieth!
Good to hear from you.
Your engine sounds hot. I hope it works out OK. I think that's a lot of power for such a little car. It's important that the trans is capable of taking all that torque. I'm sure Jay know all that. His work is really good as you know.

Hersh
smile.gif

Back