An interesting but good week!

I finished construction on my trailer this week and was all ready to start the titling process. Three pictures, copies of invoices, pay the state (PA) sales tax, and get the title....wrong. Rules changed as of Sept 1. Naturally. For all the PA guys out there, a "specially constructed" title now requires that you 1st take the trailer or car to an inspection station and have the mechanic fill out a 4 page form to prove the trailer (in my case) is road worthy. He has to cut an inspection sticker in half and paste the bottom half on the form. You have to have a weigh slip attached showing the empty weight of the trailer along with 4 pictures. Bottom line is that you have to pull the trailer around with no registration or tags to get all this done. Talk about catch 22. To top it off, the inspection mechanic had never received notification of the new rules, or none that he could find. What should have been a half hour inspection turned into a 2 hour wait. Anyway, finally got everything resolved and title and tags on the way. The GT40 will be coming home in style.
View

The best part of the week was today. I called Peter at ERA to check out their schedule. My 2 year wait is nearing an end. ERA #2072 has my name on it and is scheduled to start build the 2nd week of January! Hard not to have a good week with news like that.

[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: DaveWharran ]

G

Congrats Dave....

Good lookin trailer. That is my next aquisition. My car is in the shop getting the final details. I remember how exciting it was to take delivery 6 years ago. Now that I am about 1 month away from POA (Point of ArrivaL) I am feeleing that same excitement all over again. Hope it takes you less time to finish your car than it did for me to finish mine..Good Luck

Jerry DeLongchamp
ERA-GT 2022
smile.gif

Jerry,great to hear it's so close. Let me know when I can come by.
Dave, All I can say is do as I've done MOVE TO ARIZONA. get out of PA now!!
Besides you can drive all year here without it being a snowplow.
Congrats and enjoy the car. Atleast there will be one good reason to visit PA.
By the way are you close to Philly? If you are I'd love to meet up with you on my next PA trip to my EX-HOME. I get my RF GT40 in the 1st week of December.

G

Dave,
WELCOME TO PA!
frown.gif
Is'nt this state great.NOT!!!! Now you know why PA is a commonwhealth. I fell the same way you do. The other problem is the inspection laws. I have a 69 prostreet mustang and I get pulled over almost every time I go out(hood scoop to high and tires too wide) I wish that the officers knew the inspection laws. I just can't wait to get the GT-40 finished and see there reaction to that! The way to get around the title law from what I have heard is to go to title unliminated and register it aas an out of state car 65 Ford 2 door coupe and send it in. please let me know if you have heard any differnt. Were are you located in PA? I am from the mistake on the lake (ERIE) Keep in touch.

Best of luck
Chris Waldemarson

Live in south central PA, actually just 2 miles north of the Md/PA border. Closest PA town of any size is Bedford at about 30 miles and Altoona at 60 or so miles. Have lived here for the last 35 or so years and well know the yearly inspection routine and (non standard) things that get picked on.
A 40 inch tall car with 12+ inch wide tires on the back should be interesting to say the least.
I told Peter at ERA I'd be scooping up road kill with the front end setting that low. He just kind of looked at me but didn't say anything. No kidding though, where I live I'll be dodging dead opossums, raccoons and skunks cause the car won't clear them. Might make it over a squrrel OK though.
grin.gif
Can't wait to find out!
If I get the car in late Feb or early March, the plan is to have it completed by at least late summer.
Glad to hear you're about ready to go Jerry. I've been using some of the pic's you sent as my desktop background. Good inspiration!

Dave,
One thing I forgot to tell you that may help, again do as I did in PA, make friends with a PA state trooper. They will get you any registration/imission stickers you'll need. I found this to be the least expensive and easiest way to get my cars on the road.
smile.gif

G

Dave,
I get down in that area once and a while on business. The next time I am down in the area I will let you know, maybe we could grab a sandwich and trade a few stories.If you need any chrome work done let me know I have a chrome shop and will take extra special care of your parts. If you need any machine work done let me know I have a Tool & Die facility also. You probably won't because you bought a very good kit. I on the other hand I bought a older KVA kit with a "C" Chassis and have to make just about everything, which is no big thing but it take a little more time. When you get a chance E-Mail me your phone # My E-Mail is [email protected]

Bset Regards
Chris Waldemarson

Back