My restoration, nearly complete

index.html
index.html
index.html
index.html

Gheacock,
Great looking GT !! I hope I can see it up close sometime when we all can get together for a GT40 meet. I like your color combo.

Hersh
smile.gif

G

Nice car Gheacock, can you give us some technical specs, and what brand of kit it is?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Gheacock,

A CROSS BOSS!!!! Cool, generally the only place you see these is on tables at swap meets. The vast majority of them are kept as collectibles rather than as induction systems. Several years ago I found a couple of original Autolite rebuild kits that I sold to someone in the Northwest, perhaps one is in your carb. A Boss with the 'Cross, really neat! BTW, is it the "big" or the "little" unit?

A neat looking setup, how does it run?

Rick

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Awesome, a 40 in my neighborhood! We need to get together as I need to sell my wife on the RF project... "It's not as cute as the Cobra..."

It is one of the cars built by RML (Ray Malloc Ltd.) I shipped it over from the UK. It had been damaged badly in a race. It is a right hand drive. It has a full rollcage. ZF type2 transaxel. Gurling breaks. The engine was built by Gapp and Roush.
It is a Boss 302. Internally balanced. Roller cam. Small chamber heads with port plates, big valves rocker stud girdle. CrossBoss intake manifold. 850cfm in line Autolite carb. Mcleod aluminum flywheel with dual disk clutch. I made and TIG welded the 180 headers, had them ceramic coated.

That would make three of us. My wife wanted a cobra also. The only thing is I did get the ok for the RF with one catch, she wants a cobra within 2 years. I think either way I win this one.
Ahh life is good and the GT sould be in Dec. 5th. Oh boy GT40 seats under the X-mas tree.
John is a happy boy.

G

gheacock,
Hi, Was the car maroon when you shipped it over from UK? If so I have video of it being crashed in a race when it clobbered a Cobra replica. It pushed the cobra clean off the track! Of course there could be two RML 40s that have crashed whilst racing....
Malcolm M

Must be something common with wives. After our visit to ERA, I asked my wife what she thought. She said the GT40 looked a lot racier than she thought it would and she liked the Cobras better. I told her as soon as we got the GT done, we'd do a Cobra. Final answer was OK for the GT, no dice on the Cobra. I didn't complain.

Malcolm. I would love a copy of that video. Does it show the rear passenger side getting mashed to bits?
Greg

G

Ah Greg I think we are discussing different cars from your reply. The car that was hit in my video got the rear wheel arch bent up and trashed a wheel on the drivers side. Was being driven by Tiff Needell at the time down at Castle Coombe. However that is the UK drivers side which if now converted to US spec should be your passengers side. So maybe....The side of the car was not particularly damaged as it finished the race in the top three.

Another problem is that UK and US video are not compatible. Shame really as our club has a 2hr 40 minute video of GTD's in action from our competition and social season from 2001 just released. In car footage as well with plenty of action. Also our club visited RML to see the Saleen's in production. I could go on but this might not be helpgul as UK and US video are not compatible!!!!
Regards

Malcolm M

G

If anyone wanted one of the videos from the UK finding PAL to NTSC video conversion shouldn't be a problem. Just look in the yellow pages under Video Production.

Malcolm, what is the price of your club video! and who can I purchase one from is there any footage of the Ray Mallock visit.
Gheacock I know someone who can transfer PAL to NTSC if that's any help.

G

I shall go and talk to our committee to see what the score is about getting tapes overseas and how it could be done. Its not something I have control of so we need to see if the chap who does it is prepared to take this on.

Malcolm M

I split my time between St. Thomas' hospital in London, and my home near Portland Oregon. A PAL tape is no problem. Thank you. I am in London now.

G

Ian and Greg,
Geography was never my strong piont and Wendy tells me my map reading is even worse! Maybe that is why I like circuit racing as there are no junctions to worry about.
Perhaps you two would care to email me separately to [email protected] and we could perhaps arrange to talk.
Malcolm

Back