Jaguar XJ13 Replica

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
You will get 259 opinions here, or however many members we have. You would do better with posting an inquiry on a Jag forum. Besides, we don't know anything about Jag-u-ars.

G

Jaguar! One of my favorite car. Right now I'm planning to buy a XJ40 -V12. A GT40 will be there to soon
grin.gif

Like you say the V12 "especially the old XJ12 Ser.III" is very cheap.
OK! this is not a Jag Forum but XJ13 is a historical car just like GT40.
I think there would be a market for it and that for a real Jag.Lover!
Try with http://www.jag-lovers.org/
/Poul

Simon,

Charles Motors Ltd. in Surrey, U.K. already
builds an XJ13 replica,12cyl/ZF 5spd. Perhaps you should talk to them first.

Bill

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: Bill Bayard ]

Chris,

I was told by someone that GT40 owners were a stuck up bunch and I'm sorry to say Chris, you have not proven me wrong.

Jim, Poul and Bill,

Thank you for your advice, I appreciate it.

Simon

G

As most people know, a GT 40 was used as a hack for the XJ 13. Which is why when you look under the back body section the rear chassis is almost identical to a GT 40

Simon,

Having just finished restoring a 1968 E-type I have to say there would be some interest but saving for an RF will be first. Check out the various BBS's at this site
jag lovers
They have been invaluable in helping me locate spares and providing details of the car should be vs how it was when I aquired it. Also a good source for perfomance parts and a great builder of jag motors can be foun here: Classic Jaguar

Hi all, Now you guys seem to be the perfect group to ask so here goes.
I may have the opportunity to put into production a Jaguar XJ13 Replica. (for the kit market) It would have a spaceframe chassis and use a ZF gearbox behind and engine (although the V12 would be favourite and so cheap now that if you blow your engine up a secondhand one can be had for peanuts) Would it be the sort of thing that would sell? It wouldn't be a slavish copy of the original chassis (like gt40 replicas aren't) but would look like the real thing.
Thanks guys, and input would be greatfully recieved.

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: simon ]

Simon,

In my opinion this forum is for Ford GT40 enthusiasts not XJ13. Please find a Jaguar forum for your market research.

Chris

G

Hi Simon

If you could get the overall price down from the existing replicas taht I know of, then you should have a market albeit somewhat limited as not everyone knows the XJ13. Its a car I always fancied but....

Good luck with your project.

Malcolm

PS make sure you get the body exact. If not it will really make life difficult for you to sell as that is what people will see.

Back