Heresy? A GT40 Stereo?

G

Guys,

After some delay for parts arrivalm hunting season, and working on a new business ... I'm finally starting back to work on the GT40.

I have a Sabre ... a semi-monocoque frame with a tunnel and a console built of uprights from the side of the tunnel.

Am musing about the installation of a CD system in the car. Are you fellas doing such things, and if so ... where are you planning to put the speakers?

thanks,

Ron Earp

Admin
Heresy! What more melodic of a sound could one want than a Ford V8 with crossover exhaust at 6800 RPM?

None for me, I'm used to cycles and ride one to get away. But, I've heard talk of others putting them in in various places. The Sabre car has the best setup for doing one, just mount in vertically in the central column like in old Ferraris and Panteras. Maybe speakers in the doors or behind the seats?

R

G

I am planning to install a sound system in my car if I can keep it hidden as some of the street rod guys do. The best system I have found is from a company called Secret Audio. You can see this system on their web site. The only problem I haven't completly worked out is where to hide the speakers.

Bob,

There are quite a few remote mounted CD
players available with remote hand held
controls. Some hold up to 12 discs. Perhaps
a nondescript box up front might be better than a boom box in the dash. There are also some very small, high quality box speakers
available. I'm not sure if they would fit
behind your seats, but it might be worth a
look.

Good luck,

Bill

I am also planning to do this. Like Bob, I am looking at Secret Audio. Speaker Positions are hard to find.

I have found 4 posibilities on the RF 40

1. Inside the doors (in the pockets)
2. Behind the seats
3. In the lower side panels just in front of the seats. The RF is double skinned there.
4. Todays favorite (my preference changes) on the underside scuttle frame facing downward. This is under the dash. There is only space on the right hand side which means the speakers must be close together.

Good luck

John

I'm putting my speakers in the doors in the pockets on the fprward edge facing directly rearward. An am using a Sony AM/FM CD player that also plays MP3's so I can have 160-175 songs per normal CD-R disc.

My front speakers are under the dash in the front foot wells, Sony 3 way
fdfa50a2.jpg

Back