Throttle linkage

Can anyone supply some pics of the original throttle linkage set-up for the Holley carb.
I would like to bring the throttle cable towards the front of the engine rather than over the top of the exhaust system . I have designed my own linkage but it would be nice to see how the real engineers did it.

many thanks, Paul Bearman.

G

Hi Paul

I run my throttle linkage over the front of the engine, it avoids the heat from the exhust amongst other things. I have no idea what the original linkages were but I use rose joints at both ends of the cable. The cable itself is an historic F1 cable and is about 2mm diameter in a heat resistant (allegedly 1000 degrees C!!!!)sheathing. Anyway it has never gone wrong whereas before I used to melt a standard cable once a year. Frank does lorry cables which are designed for getting past big turbo engines without melting and they seem to work well from what I have heard.
Anyway getting back to your query, rose joints are a good solution!
All the best
Malcolm

Paul, Mac Kerr at Maidstone has a trick bit of kit to connect his cable to the carb. but it still goes over the sexhausts, FGrank

G

The original cars had the throttle cable entering through an aperture in the centre of the left hand side of the cold air box. It then connected to a fairly simple rose jointed linkage. There is a good exploded view of the linkage and carbs in the J.W. Automotive parts manual (diagram H), which I believe is reproduced in Trevor Legate's new book.

Back