GT40 Books

I did a search on amazon.com, and it shows the following information:

The Ford That Beat Ferrari
Publisher: Motorbooks International; ISBN: 0946132240; (August 1985)

The Certain Sound : Thirty Years of Motor Racing
Publisher: Haynes Pubns; ISBN: 0854294783; (January 1986)

Mike,
Try looking on the GT-40 web siteweb page.
They have a link somewhere on their site to almost any book ever published on the GT-40. Some are out of print and you probably will have to pay a premium for them, but I seem to remember it was through their site that I found them. I hope the link is right. If not use the search engine with GT-40 in it. It will come up.
Bill

"The Ford that
Beat Ferrari" was made by a English publisher who say´s that the "print plates" were destroyed at some point due to some fact i don´t remember...

G

Since the GT40 is celebrating renewed interest, I wonder if the publishers of some of the out of print books could be convinced
to reissue a few.

I'd sure like to get a copy of "The Ford that
Beat Ferarri" and "The Certain Sound" without
paying a fortune.

Can those with copies indicate who the publishers were? If they are still around,
maybe as a group we can convince them.

Thx

MikeD

Amazon.com delivered my copy of Trevor Legate's Ford GT40: Production & Racing History last Friday. I'm about halfway through it. Absolutely great book.

They will be shipping my copy of Ronnie Spain's book GT40 : An Individual History and Race Record later this month.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I too have been trying to find The Ford That Beat Ferrari- cheapest copy I could find was $450USD. As far as John Wyer's autobiography, it wasn't quite that much but it was pricey as well. This is a shame for folks who just want to read them as part of the GT40 canon and are not book collectors. If the plates are destroyed, we are out of luck. I hope that is not the case. I did put up a posting looking for "driver" copies, but no luck as yet.
Sort of like those terrific vintage Fender and Gibson guitars that become collectors' items, ergo, they command a premium price, ergo, they end up salted away in vaults somewhere and, guess what, never get played. No one ever gets to take them out, plug them in, crank it up and WAIL with them, which is what they were made for. Sad.
You would hope that some of those books are well-thumbed, with some oil and dirt on the pages, maybe autographed by some of the originals, read and loved, not just "collected".

Jim,

Can't agree with you more. That's why my
'76 Sunburst Strat won't fetch more than
$400 USD most likely. However, since I'm
keenly aware of that fact, I have proceeded
to make minor mods to it
wink.gif

Ian

Back