Ultima GTR?

Not that I'm considering changing my plans to get a GT40, I am wondering if anyone on the forum has any experience with these cars. The price is considerably higher than a GT40 replica, but the performance is unreal. I've read about them in EVO and nothing can match it, except a McLaren. I wouldn't mind one in my garage someday.
www.ultimacars.com www.ultimasports.co.uk

As I recall, Ultima originally marketed these in the US as turnkey minus only
(no kits) but the price was pretty high.

Now they do offer kits, and their new
Can Am car is pretty nice looking if you're
a fan of the Can Am series like I am.
Maybe someday...

MikeD

The car can be ordered from ultima as either a kit or a rolling chassis minus transaxle and engine. The rolling chassis is $89.5K and that pretty much includes all the options you would want, heater, AC, rear wing, roll cage, etc. The final cost I figure would be about $140K once everything is said and done. Lots of money, but one fast machine. Maybe my second car once the GT40 is here.

If you want to build it yourself, it can be had for about $52000 + engine. The bodies come gelcoated in a polished finish and can also be painted.

I am in the process of building an Ultima GTR (GT40 is next on the list!). The specs include:

550hp drysump Chevy LS6 built by Agostino Racing (comes with a 2 year 25,000 mile warranty).

Modified Porsche G50/52 transaxle with different ratios, steel synchros, billet shift forks, billet side cover, LSD, modified oiling with oil cooler.

Racelogic adjustable traction control

Leather interior with SPA dash and LCD instruments

Plumbed in SPA fire extinguisher.

Total cost is in the region of $90,000. I also have a friend who just about finished his Ultima. He is also custom building them for people and I think a complete built version including engine and tranny would be in the $110000 to $125000 range.

If you must have an Ultima, why not buy a completed car?

I know of one for sale near me in the UK for about £30,000 ( under $50,000 )and it is a top spec car built in 1999.

Contact me if you want details of the owner.

G

I helped my neighbour build an Ultima Spyder. They have three problem issues in my eyes. They suffer from bad understeer. The suspension pick up points are fine for road use but look very skinny for track use. The front wheels are often smaller than the rear in diameter because they foul the rear of the headlamps under the wheel arch.

They look absolutely fantastic though!

Malcolm

I have to agree on the understeer point. With some work you can fit wider front tires which helps. The real solution is to also fit swaybars and change the rear spring rate. However, due to the short wheelbase and weight distribution understeer is always going to be an issue. My friends who race an ultima fitted a real front splitter and this made a massive difference. Even a simple flat plane splitter helps.

Hi all
here are some photos from Stonleigh Kit car show of the Ultima stand
fdbcd8d6.jpg

fdbcd8d8.jpg

fdbcd8da.jpg

fdbcd8db.jpg

fdbcd8dd.jpg

Speed is all down to power to weight ratio.
No reason a GT40 should be slower than an Ultima. The GT40 is streets a head on looks,

Regards

Chris

G

Obviously, like most "kits" you can spend
as much as your budget can stand.

The WHICH KIT article I read quoted
Ultima as saying a Can Am can be purchased
AND built for $ 40k if you go easy on the options and do all your own work.
I don't believe that included shipping.

So you don't have to break the bank if you
like their design.

Can't wait till this weekend.
Factory Five says they're bringing photos
of their "Supercar" to Carlisle.
I'm very curious to see their interpretation.

MikeD

Back