Auto CAD

I drew a gt40 in auto cad this year i have auto cad in high school i did ok but mest up on the front of the car.

Does any one have the GT40 made up in Auto CAD?

I'm a blueprint freak and would love to add that car to my collection.

Any one have any ideas on where to find the plans?

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug,

Hope you received the chassis panel location drg ok.

I have been teaching myself AutoCad for the past 18 months and although ISOMETRIC AND ORTHOGRAPHIC Drgs are no problem now, I still have difficulty in getting my head round 3D models. Perhaps I will have to go back to college as I would love to be able to produce such a model. I guess it's all about creating 'Edge Defined Coons Surfaces Patch Meshes'????? Please (anyone) correct me if I am wrong.

Regards, Paul.

I would also like to draw a 3D solids model of a GT40 if I had the information. I recently started using Autodesk Inventor which has good 3D capability and includes nice sheet metal tools, etc. It also has the ability to input the suspension and examine motion.

Does anyone have accurate CAD drawings they wish to contribute. I ultimately am thinking of building my own tub from scratch.

[ May 23, 2002: Message edited by: CCX33911 ]

There is a gentleman in Michigan, who's name escapes me now, who is scratch-building a monococque and who drew the plans in AutoCAD. I think he has posted on this forum.

Regards,
Mark

I agree, Neil. It would be great to have a set of those plans. I work at Kinko's and would be able to enlarge then to full size. They'd look great on the walls of my garage.

So, if you reading this Jim, I'd LOVE a set of those plans.
wink.gif
Purty please? With sugar on top.

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Neil Strenge:
Jim Dunham is the gentleman to whom you refer...

and the post is
http://www.gt40s.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000505

Jim seems to be understandably undecided about whether to release 4 years of work 'out on the street'...

I for one, would love a good quality print of a '40 as a line drawing...

Regards

Neil
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

G

As with you all, I too would ove to have a set of drawings ... for the someday when I might try to build one myself!

Sure hope the fellow who has done the work understands how gratefull we'd all be!!!!

You're right guys. Building my own GT40 from scratch would be exciting. It's just tough without accurate info. Especially the chassis.

Well, here's to hoping,

Doug

Following up on this subject, I have information that someone maybe prepared to sell a set of drawings based upon their extensive mesaurement of an original Mk I

They are allegedly sufficient for a ground up monocoque build up..

I have E-Mailed for info/availability and to find out a little more on their quality..

I believe they will be paper based...

Is anyone else interested if they are still available? We may be able to 'encourage' a print run if enough of us are willing to part with some cash!

Regards

Neil

Following up on this subject, I have information that someone maybe prepared to sell a set of drawings based upon their extensive mesaurement of an original Mk I

They are allegedly sufficient for a ground up monocoque build up..

I have E-Mailed for info/availability and to find out a little more on their quality..

I believe they will be paper based...

Is anyone else interested if they are still available? We may be able to 'encourage' a print run if enough of us are willing to part with some cash!

Regards

Neil
I'm game

Back