GT40s in Texas

Are there any real or replica GT40s in Texas, especially central Texas?

I'm hoping to see a replica at a club event or show, or perhaps an original at a museum or car show. I did some research a while back and found an original in a museum in Colorado, but that's the closest to Texas I found.

There's Lone Star north of Ft. Worth, but they don't seem to really be producing any GT40 replicas. I seem to remember them doing kits off Fieros, but their web site now just has dead links for their GT40s.

G

Jay, there was a guy in Dallas who was building a Tornado with a ZF transaxle. I talked with him a few times because I almost did the same. (There were FAR fewer choices just 2 years ago than there are now.) Unfortunately, when my cell phone died, I lost his number. Maybe Andy at Tornado can give you contact info. He was nearly done with the car the last time I talked to him, but have no idea what has happened since.

I am very slowly progressing on putting mine together. Feel free to call if your coming through north Houston sometime.

Jay
Our closest CAV dealer to you is in Mustang Oklahoma, contact Mitch Hughes on 405 3761400
he will have a CAVGT mono early August.
Good hunting!

Thank you, Gordon! Loads of fun. Maybe if I sell the kids I could spend more time on it...come to think of it, maybe that would pay for an engine, as well...

why sell them, you can rent them out and have income for the long term
grin.gif

I do understand the lack of time. I haven't been able to work on any of my own projects in a long time.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Jay,

Your RF40 body arrives in my shop on Monday night. It will need to be converted to left hand drive (wipers etc.) and I hope to finish the aluminium skinning late next week or mid the following week.

I collected the last few things for your car yesterday and the box is FULL !!!!

Shipping is all that is left.

I will call you next week,

Best wishes,

Robert

Back