A New Build

I've had little to share since joining this forum while trying to decide on the purchase of an RF kit. The decision has to wait until I finish my house re-model (and figure out how much of my funds I've exhausted!), so in the mean time I thought I'd share some pictures of an ERA GT40 build by a local vendor.

The vendor is Tri-C Engineering, Valencia, CA. It wasn't until I paid them a recent visit (after driving by many many times) that I discovered they were more than just another hot rod shop. Seems the owner makes better money building street rods these days, than Formula Atlantic's. From what I've seen so far, this shop does some exceedingly nice work. He had one of Max Balchkowski's Ol' Yaller MkII's (driven by Gurney and Shelby)in for retro on its way to the Le Mans historic the first time I stopped.

Today, he took delivery of a partially completed ERA GT40, and will build it to completion. Being that he is local, I thought I'd stop by periodically and shoot pictures of his progress, and post them in my Photo Album. The proprietor has given me permission to post the photo's. As you will see, I plan on dropping-in other pictures that you may find interesting.

If I'm successful at captivating some interest, then that will be my contribution to this forum for now. Here's the link:
http://members14.clubphoto.com/andy634942/943497/owner-78e7.phtml

Cheers,

Andy

G

Andy

Keep those Pics coming. I am on the wait list for the same kit. 20 months and waiting. I run over to ERA every couple of months to just drool over the cars on the floor.

Thanks LLoyd

G

Andy

What is the ERA serial # of that car.

lloyd

[ October 10, 2002: Message edited by: Lloyd ]

Back