YOUR FAVORITE AUTO PARTS RETAILER

We have many choices here in Atlanta. My favorite so far is a particular Auto Zone: HAs had all the parts for my Ford engine in stock and cheap: starter: $25, points/condenser/coil/dis cap/rotor cap $25 total. Got a specific rad hose in two days. Very helpful to tha amateur mechanic. Free battery and starter checks, will nstall a battery n/c. Had best rated batteries by Consumer reports a few years back. Other stores often just not as knowledgeable or helpful.

Any others anyon would rec? cb

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I have had goo luck with NAPA stores, and I also try to go to locally owned businesses. The one to stay away from is Pep Boys. They are awful. Trak ain't so good either.

I drive an extra 15 mins to go to NAPA since the folks that own my local store are more knowledgable & more personable than the other chains and independants. I buy all my street car and racecar parts from them and they give me garage price.

Also, it's been the same guys working there for the 7 years I've lived here.

[ October 26, 2002: Message edited by: GeoffP ]

G

I agree with all of you. 99% of what I buy is from Napa or Auto Zone. Car Quest does have a paint shop here in Raleigh that has an extremely good reputation and they are very helpful. I did buy my 134A from K-mart. For name brand stuff like that, it makes sense (to me anyway) to get it at the cheapest price.

I learned my lesson years ago about places like Discount Auto parts with there lifetime warranty on starters and alternators and the like. The reason they have this is that you are quality control. All they do is tank the parts and put a coat of paint on them. Then they let you sort the good from the bad which is a collasal waste of your time. I noticed I was changing starters at least once a year on an old Mustang I had. The last one I bought didn't work so I disassembled it and found the braided copper going to the brushes was frayed in two with paint overspray on both ends. From that day to this, any rebuilt parts only come from Napa or Autozone.

Back