GT40 Restoration needs

I have just obtained all rights to, and all remains of, GT40 P/1005. This car was badly burned in 1975. all in my shop now and I need tons of stuff to correctly restore. If you have pieces or know where there are pieces please contact me at [email protected]

Larry Dent, Executive Director, National Automotive and Truck Museum of the U.S. Auburn Indiana.

Larry,

There is a restoration outfit at www.grandsportcorvette.com, who has done complete restoration of 5 original GT40's. From all accounts, their work is first class.
You might be able to acquire parts, info,
assistance, etc., from them.
E-mail to [email protected]

Good luck!

Bill

[ October 24, 2002: Message edited by: Bill Bayard ]

[ October 24, 2002: Message edited by: Bill Bayard ]

I believe Charrington Motorsport here in the UK have a selection of original parts both new and used/refurbished. I don't have an address or 'phone number to hand but I will investigate and reply ASAP.

Regards, Paul.

Larry, Have you tried Harley Clackston here is Phoenix. He owns and has restored several GT-40's.
On a side note, Are you the same Larry that drive a 70 Camaro in Trans Am the was fielded by Laural Racing?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I dont think Charringtons are in business anymore,the guys who took care of the cars are now working for another company,so I was told this week during a call home

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
please post some pics of the car as you received it,we are dying to know,
my friend was at the auction last weekend standing 25 feet away and he didnt realise he was standing on holy ground

Lee Holman if you want it to be as real as it can be and are willing to spend the money.
That said unless it has BIG HISTORY it will cost more than it will be worth to reserect it and it will never be what it was before it burned... If you can do the work your self Lee might sell you the parts but I bet real NOS parts would cost 200K+...
Fran Kress has a lot of parts as well but I think Lee is the only source of an Abby Panel tub.
Good Luck!

Lee Holman bought Tennant panels GT40 pieces and chassis etc...
Abbey Panels burned to the ground late 60s.

grin.gif

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Larry,

I will contact a very good friend George Humble who lives only a few miles from me here in Melbourne that his OLD car is with you.

I am sure that he would love to contact you.

Best wishes,

Robert

Lary,

Trough Chris Melia, I found out that there are some pieces for sale here in Belgium from Mr Blaton(driver name Buerlisse).
Rear body with full electrical wiring and 2 doors (so said originals),never used as spares.If interested,let me know but I am afraid it is not going to be cheap...

Rgds
fred

Back