GT40s.com
MK-I  MK-II  MK-III  MK-IV  GULF  MIRAGE  J-CAR  LOLA
GT40s.com
Home Forum Gallery Support GT40s.com  
Register FAQ Advertisers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GT40s.com > GT40 Market Place > Feedback: Buyers, Sellers, & Vendors

Feedback: Buyers, Sellers, & Vendors Consumer experiences related to GT40s. NOT for advertising.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2006, 07:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Russ Noble
Lifetime Premier Supporter
New Zealand

GT40: Scratch Kiwi 40
Unhappy Problem in Conneticutt...possibly

Hi guys, just enquiring if there is anyone near Simsbury CT 06070 that would be able to check out a supplier for me?

Regards,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 16th June 2006, 03:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ron Earp
Administrator
United States

GT40: None.
Let us know who it is and I'm sure someone can help.

Ron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 16th June 2006, 04:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
United States

GT40: New York
Russ, life is extremely hectic right now but send over the info and I will do my best to help. I am in NY and don't know how far away Simsbury is.
Old 16th June 2006, 04:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ian
kev_the_mole
Rookie
United Kingdom

GT40: Imaginary one
Hi Russ,

Simsbury is about 112 miles from NY. I's just north of Hartford CT.

Cheers,

Ian

1954 AH 100 350 cu. in. 'Nasty Boy' Money Pit
Old 17th June 2006, 08:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
GARRET
United States

GT40: ERA 2067
problem in CT

I live in Farmington about 15 minutes from Simsbury.Let me know if
I can help.
Old 17th June 2006, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Russ Noble
New Zealand

Thanks to all you guys who have offered help. The response here and in PM's has been overwhelming. Many have offered to go miles out of their way to help, and this is very much appreciated. So far it looks as though Garret could be a handy 'Johnny on the Spot'

Garret, Thanks, I see this is your first post since joining a couple of years ago. Welcome to the forum, as you have probably already seen we have a great bunch of guys here! I will send you a PM.

Regards
Old 12th December 2006, 04:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Russ Noble
New Zealand

Re: Problem in Conneticutt...possibly

Well guys, 6 months later it appears everything's come sweet. The shipment from Connecticut appears to have finally arrived at the depot I am using in California. Had written off all hope of ever seeing it, or our money again, after the vendor changed address but didn't notify new one and appeared to keep on stalling with regard to freighting it. Learnt a lot of valuable lessons with this transaction. Hopefully at minimal cost!

Must have exchanged at least seventy emails! Item was a G50/52 purchased from a Pelican Parts member so not an inconsequential amount. It will be making the sea journey to NZ next month so should finally get to clap eyes on it late Jan or Feb. Hope it's all he says it is!

Thanks again to everyone who helped or offered help. Very much appreciated.

Will do a final update when I get the trans.

Cheers
Old 2nd January 2007, 11:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
ZXZ
United States

hi russ, now what company are you having a promblems with,is it era in bristol,ct. because i live about 50 miles away from there.. I'm buliding a lamborghini right now but when that is gone I'm going to bulid a gt40 but I dont know much about them, maybe I can help you and you can help me out ...I wanted to go there and check it out anyway's, maybe I can get some picture for you..and see what's going on over here...LET ME KNOW IF THAT THE PLACE. bill
Old 2nd January 2007, 02:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Russ Noble
New Zealand

Bill,

Thanks for the offer. It was a private individual I was dealing with. I think the problem's sorted now. I think the problem was more to do with the freight companies and the fact that he was away from home for weeks on end.

I'm happy to offer any advice or assistance that I can when you come to build your GT40, although there will be others much more qualified than I am on this forum.

Cheers

Cheers
Old 13th April 2007, 05:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Russ Noble
New Zealand

Well, the final wrap up on this long saga.

The trans arrived in my workshop today and is as described, a G50/52 with LSD.

At one stage we were convinced we had been shafted and had given up hope of ever seeing this trans but it's all come good in the end.

Thanks to all the guys that offered help.

Cheers
Old 13th April 2007, 08:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Keith1
1st Paddock Light Horse
United Kingdom

GT40: MKVII

I just love a happy ending.....

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gt40s.com/forum/feedback-buyers-sellers-vendors/18554-problem-conneticutt-possibly.html
Posted By For Type Date
FXF's bookmarks on del.icio.us This thread Refback 1st January 2007 07:45 PM