Any "Old" RF news?

Ron Earp

Admin
Has anyone heard anything from the administrators about the former Roaring Forties? Last I heard folks would be contacted regarding some sort of dispersement but since that time I've heard nothing at all. Honestly, I didn't expect to hear anything but I was hoping that we would.

Has anyone heard any news about the new Roaring Forties company? I sort of expected we'd read something on the forum from them and/or new agents/dealers when they were setup and doing business. They still have a website up as far as I know but have been silent for many months regarding new activities.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Re: Any RF news?

Hopefully Owen or Paul can come on and give us an update. I sent a member
on the forum to see Paul and he was shown a couple of chassis so maybe the ball is rolling, hope to hear soon. Actually it's surprising the number of people I talk to who don't know RL is not involved any more.

Ross

Ron Earp

Admin

Hey Ross,

Probably like you I would like to hear some news, but I can't say I'm suprised about the number of people who don't know Robert Logan isn't involved with Roaring Forties - how would they find out?

No news has been posted here, and more importantly, the company website is identical to the old one and doesn't even acknowledge in any respects the events that preceeded the "new RF".

Ron

Best,
Ron

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter

Hi Ron
Is there any reason for the new Roaring Forties owners to feel they are not welcome on this Forum? Seems strange they are holding back unless there is a legal reason or a directive from yourself to hold off, maybe waiting for legal clearance or something. Just crossed my mind that this may be the case.May just take a favourable response from yourself to clear the way for them.

Ross

Ron Earp

Admin

Hi Ross,

No I've certainly not told new owners of cars or the company to hold off from posting. This is a free forum and folks can do as they please, with the exception of spam, unsolicited advertising, and flame bait posts.

I've emailed with Owen a few months ago and definitely let them know they can post on the forum. They expresed concern of jumping into the forum too quickly and I agreed with that concern because they explained not everything was ready. I don't have anything against the new owners of the company and have expressed that to Owen - the business now is different from business then, and all of us affected owners have to remember that.

We've got a lot of Roaring Forties owners on the forum. I'm a former RF kit owner myself and there is an active group/forum here. So I don't see that the forum as a whole is negative to RF. Sure, there are going to be some folks who are still upset about the old RF scandal but the past can't be reversed. The vast majority of us have moved on to other cars and are getting on with life.

Have you heard anything regarding the liquidation, lawsuits, or news about the old RF principals? Has anyone bought a new RF car on the forum? I didn't even know they were to the point of selling cars but from your post it sounds like they are.

Best,
Ron

Hi Ron, no we're not ready to sell full cars yet and we have been really under the pump supplying those people that were desperate. Which to be honest has really impacted our time line heavily. We have also been forced into some R&D much earlier than we would have liked as we had to create some components that were no longer available.
Our biggest task by far is validating the price book which is tedious and convoluted. At this point we're only about 20% through which means we are expending extraordinary levels of effort to source supply and invoice the smallest of orders.
At this point we are no longer taking new orders until such time as we can fully quote and supply every component in the car. If we don’t make this break now then we will never get a clear shot at putting this mess back together in a coherent and profitable manner.

However rest assured we will make this business work. We are thankful to those that have been so patient with us so far however we need to do this properly or face the same fate as our predecessors.

Kind regards to all and have a happy holiday Season.

Owen and the guys

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Owen,

Sorry I missed your post but all day the forum has told me I was the last to post on this thread. Quite odd.

Good to hear you folks are active and preparing for the future. As I posted below, I certainly don't want you guys to have the impression from my side you are not welcome on the forum. I think most people are quite happy to have more manufactuers posting on the forum so please feel free.

Happy Holidays to you folks as well, take care,
Ron

Back