Problem in Bakersfield CA

Re: Problem in Bakersfield.

Well guys I am a victim of an Ebay fraud where a Harley Davidson was advertised as having title etc and would deliver to Long Beach CA.I parted with US $4500-and the bike was supposed to be delivered 2 weeks later to the shipper in Long Beach.
It later turns out a finance company owns the bike,the money used for other purposes and it would be paid off a delivered within 6 months and then nothing.
A threatening Email stated we have parted talk to my ex on this Email address etc etc.
Guess.No IQ test required here.
Does anyone know a good Lawyer or Debt Collection agency in Bakersfield or a good PI.
I realise I have done my ass but I hate fraudsters and am prepared to spend some $$$$$s just for personal satisfaction.
And George Bush said Aussies were Americas greatest ally. Why rip us off then.Cheers and any help appreciated.

Keith

Re: Problem in Bakersfield.

RF054 said:
And George Bush said Aussies were Americas greatest ally. Why rip us off then.Cheers and any help appreciated.

He says that to everyone when he needs to spread the bla, er, I mean load......:squint:

The UK were his biggest mates when we went into Iraq......:(

Sorry to hear about your problem, hope you get satisfaction.....:dead:

I am confused,did George Bush have something to do with your poor decision to send this person cash? If it is his fault, I would call the Democratic party chairman and leak the info to him. If it turns out that it is really your poor judgement, then I wouldnt spread that info around as it makes you look silly.

Amen Chuck !
Lets see ... If it wasn't for us the Brits would be eating wiener schnitzel and goose-stepping, and the Aussies would be would living under Tojo.
rockonsmile GOD BLESS AMERICA

I'm tempted to provide a history lesson in the armed conflict of 1939-1945 but Ron probably wouldn't appreciate hijacking of the thread.

Chris,

I hope you find satisfaction. Please do post the results as con artists everywhere deserve tarring and feathering in the highest order.

PM in your inbox.

FW

Ron Earp

Admin
Freewheel said:
I'm tempted to provide a history lesson in the armed conflict of 1939-1945 but Ron probably wouldn't appreciate hijacking of the thread.
Wiener schnitzel is very tasty IMHO, great with some Bratkartoffeln or Pomme frites. Never under estimate what the Russians provided with respect to the closure of WWII in Europe. Hijack away but take it in the Paddock!

Seriously, I hope that you can get some relief. How did you transfer the money? PayPal or PayPal via credit card with any luck? If the auction completed with Ebay then contact them and go from there, they are helpful. And I'd definitely do as suggested and get in touch with the police department. I had somewhat similar situation in Florida with company equipment and found that the Miami police department had an electronic fraud department that was quite helpful and extremely savvy.

Ron

Keith

5150 said:
Amen Chuck !
Lets see ... If it wasn't for us the Brits would be eating wiener schnitzel and goose-stepping, and the Aussies would be would living under Tojo.
rockonsmile GOD BLESS AMERICA

Bugger, we woke him up...:(

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
In an attempt to get this thread back on topic, my mate Chris Coote has asked me to post the following (pending his struggle to get logged back into the Forum) :

Several months ago I did post about being scammed on Ebay to which some of the responses were -
1) Ebay are generally good once a complaint has been put forward.2 months has elapsed and no response or action on my complaint shown.
2) Bakersfield Police are generally co-operative and will help out.Despite a phone call to them and Emailing all the details of the fraud some 2 months ago still no reply.
3) I then did a search of Lawyers in Bakersfield CA who might for a fee lodge on my behalf a complaint/charge against the fraudsters at the Police Station.Several weeks has elapsed and no response from any of these so called "professionals."
I know there are a few members on this forum who have felt the financial brunt of being scammed and I will not open old wounds however if they could get some justice in lieu of any money they would and that is how I feel.
Firstly I am asking are there any members out there who are associated with the Police Dept. and may be able to lodge this on my behalf. "Wyatt" if you still read the forum can you send PM to Peter.
Is there any member who can do this on my behalf if I post them all the information/Emails/Bill of sale etc that they provided.The amount of money involved is US$4500.00 and at the time was AUS$6600.00.I am prepared to pay any member for their time.
I do not expect to receive the bike or any refund of my money but to see them charged-possibly do some jail time would be sweet.
Thanks to anyone in anticipation.
Cheers
Chezzeris
Gold Member.

It would be great if anyone could help Chris with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Darn, I was hoping this was going to be someone with a GT40 problem in Bakersfield... Thought I would have a chance to get a ride;)

Sorry to hear a fellow Bako boy getting ripped off. Good luck

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Good one Pat - I assume that you posted a similar sympathetic comment to all the old RF victims & am sure that they all just woke up, used that as a learning experience, and then moved on too !!

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Back