AD Performance, WA

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Any one care to give some feedback on these guys as parts suppliers?

Cylinder Heads : ADPerformance, Your Source for Longblock Performance Parts

Their prices seem good and they have free shipping to US commercial addresses. I've approached them to supply my block, crank, rods and pistons. The Dart blocks go like hot cakes apparently and they want payment up front to ensure supply. I don't have a problem with that so long as they are not shaky.

I'm not buying a short block as such but selected parts to build up the motor of my choice.

All comments most appreciated.

Thanks

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi Russ, I don't know these folks but they're in the same town as me so if anything goes wrong I can go over there in person for you....

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
I bought my eagle crank and H-Beam rods from Brian Adams at AD Performance. I had taken them to the machine shop that is preparing the block and balancing everything once I had all of the part purchased; this took a couple of months. After the parts had been at the machinist for another month or so, the machinist called me to tell me that I had a 3.5" stroke crank not the 3.25" I had ordered. By this time, it had been almost 6 months since I purchased the stuff, but Brian arranged for pickup of the crank (on their nickle) from the machinist's shop and sent the 3.25" crank to him with no issues.

Here is who I dealt with:

Brian Adams
[email protected]
425-996-0225(wrk)
425-941-2267(hm)
877-273-0005(mbl)
AD Performance
18419 62nd Ave NE
Kenmore, WA 98028

Lynn

PS: This was a number of years ago, at least 3, so they have been around for a while.

Last edited:

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Lynn,

One positive coment, that's a start. Hope they supply me the right stuff then, an 8,000 mile return would not be cheap and would wreak havoc with my timeline. I have been dealing with Brian and he has been very helpful.

Thanks for the offer too Cliff. Nothing like a "Johnny on the spot" if it all turns to custard.

Any more.......?

Cheers

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
They do look good on prices, you also might check out Keith Craft for the parts as well just to get a competitive offer. I do like the free (included in price) shipping. Russ I hope your getting the aluminum block ;)

Sandy

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Russ,

If things don't work out as planned, and Cliff isn't available to help them see the error of their ways, let me know. My office is maybe 15 minutes from the address posted on their web site.

Best,

T.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I checked out Keith Craft. He has done my heads (225 CNC Brodix Track 1's 2.100 inlet) and all roller, solid valvetrain. Very good price for the top end from him and excellent advice too.

Unfortunately in the classic class that I will be racing in, blocks must remain original material, (cast iron) maximum overbore .050" and standard stroke. So I will be running a 2.75" main, all forged, 357 and will have to spin it a bit. I was going to use an ordinary block with mains spacers but the HP I am hoping for is going to be near the limit of that block, so after Jac Mac suggested an aftermarket block I decided to go the Dart way which also eliminates the spacers that I was not 100% happy with.

For the endurance racing anything goes, so later on, when finances have recovered, I may build up a long stoke big bore aluminium motor for the endurance stuff. That'll make the 930 earn its keep!

Cheers

Last edited:

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Dutton,

It's very reassuring to know I can call on the troops in moments of strife.

Cheers

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
The contact address is a residential neighborhood less than 2 miles from me. I'm not aware if they have a retail shop or are web-based. Happy to help out of necessary.

Charlie M

Supporter
I bought a 347 stroker kit from AD Performance last year. Good prices and service. I plan on ordering my heads from them also.

Charlie

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I did purchase a Dart Block from them and was a good price and not any issues. It was drop shipped to the trucking depot. (was around march 07')

Sandy

Back