shocks

I am always looking around at different products.
Has anyone used QA1 double adjustables (USA manufactured).
Or GAZ double adjustable (UK manufacture).

They look the business but that isnt much to go on.

Jim

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
QA1 are standard on our cars.....we use the internally adjustable as standard( 10 mins to adjust) but we just provided Dean Lampe with the double adjustables for his track car.
The QA1 service is great and they will build anything you want, I highly recommend them.
Call Jeff in sales and tell him we sent ya.

The shocks Fran sent are fantastic. They will even provide dyno sheets. I called them today to ask a question and an actual person answered the phone on the third ring!

I am always looking around at different products.
Has anyone used QA1 double adjustables (USA manufactured).
Or GAZ double adjustable (UK manufacture).

They look the business but that isnt much to go on.

Jim

Jim,
I have the Gaz single adjustable shocks, but my car is still in build. The company that makes them are only 2 miles from where I work, and I bought them direct. The single adjustable ones I have are well made.

Brett

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Jim,

I have and am quite happy with QA1 shocks that are 1-way adjustable (I don't think the 2-way were available when I bought mine.) When it comes time to replace them, I would happily try the 2-ways.

Adjustment couldn't be easier with the selector knob towards the bottom of each shock. The downside to this convenience, I suppose, is that the adjuster knob could get knocked off by road debris.

Lynn

Steve,
The springs are matched with the shocks. Determine the lenght of travel needed(bump to rebound) and chose the lenght of shock you need. Then chose the level of ride comfort you want. Some of the guys like it stiff and use 500# springs. Some soft at 200#. I went with the10" 250s for the front and 350s for the rear. Mine are about a year and a half old, but have yet to be put on the car. Should be on by next week end. May have to go a little stiffer for the track. All it takes is a change out with ride height adjustment.

Bill

Attachments

• P1010331.jpg
    P1010331.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 383
  • P1010332.jpg
    P1010332.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 371
Interesting stuff. I went for self adjusting Bilstein's and their springs. During my research I was told by Robert Logan, Bilstein's engineer and another race chassis designer that the GTD 40 would probably ride and handle better with the higher rated springs in the front. Could this be due to the angle of the mountings? I went with 325# in front and 300# in the rear and they work very well.

Back