For Sale Turn Ten Racing

Keith

Well, presumably the rights to the TTR GT line goes with the company, but was one ever completed?

D&D Cobra were the builders anyway, so that facility presumably would still be available to a new owner. Seems like you would be buying a name, web-site, good-will and a demo model Cobra with some Gt bits perhaps?

Keith, D&D Cobra my not done with casting moulds off the GT40 body I made them!!! as we all do!

Keith made a comment on another thread "as we all do" or something like that, about me casting a mould. I had posted about casting a mould off Fran Kress's MKIIB tail section while it was in my shop for repair. Also, I sold a MKI body to D&D Cobra for their GT project. I was told by them, thst I was going to be their exclusive supplier for their bodies, then I hear they are casting a mould off the body I sold them. They asked me to supply them with the inner panels to cast moulds off of so they didn't have to cut up the body I sold them. BUT, what can I do? There is no protection in this business. Anyone can cast a mould off any body I make and go into business selling fiberglass bodies. The difference here is; I had permission from the original GT40 body owners to cast moulds off their bodies!

Keith

Also, I sold a MKI body to D&D Cobra for their GT project. I was told by them, thst I was going to be their exclusive supplier for their bodies, then I hear they are casting a mould off the body I sold them. They asked me to supply them with the inner panels to cast moulds off of so they didn't have to cut up the body I sold them. BUT, what can I do? There is no protection in this business. Anyone can cast a mould off any body I make and go into business selling fiberglass bodies. The difference here is; I had permission from the original GT40 body owners to cast moulds off their bodies!

Sorry to hear that Bill, that's not good..but it's rife in the "replica" car and small boat building business. I think it's called "splashing" in the marine world. Kind of a posh word for "stealing". I think Chris Melia in UK also had issues with this practice....

I always understood that if you had the skill to copy, you had the skill to originate...

I sold a MKI body to D&D Cobra for their GT project. I was told by them, thst I was going to be their exclusive supplier for their bodies, then I hear they are casting a mould off the body I sold them. They asked me to supply them with the inner panels to cast moulds off of so they didn't have to cut up the body I sold them. BUT, what can I do? There is no protection in this business.

1)Don't sell them anything.
Make them do all the work to finish their project.

2)Or mark UP the price on the inner panels to where you see fit and sell them to D&D.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Keith made a comment on another thread "as we all do" or something like that, about me casting a mould. I had posted about casting a mould off Fran Kress's MKIIB tail section while it was in my shop for repair. Also, I sold a MKI body to D&D Cobra for their GT project. I was told by them, thst I was going to be their exclusive supplier for their bodies, then I hear they are casting a mould off the body I sold them. They asked me to supply them with the inner panels to cast moulds off of so they didn't have to cut up the body I sold them. BUT, what can I do? There is no protection in this business. Anyone can cast a mould off any body I make and go into business selling fiberglass bodies. The difference here is; I had permission from the original GT40 body owners to cast moulds off their bodies!

This is not true Bill.
Before I get into the details of the sale I'll clear this up. D&D did not copy your body and will be ordering more as needed. Wonder where you heard that rumor :rolleyes: . It would be pretty hard to copy because it's at my customer’s house in California. Secondly, the molds they are thinking of making would come off the repaired GT Supercars body I purchased here in December here on GTs.com. They have offered to buy my chassis and body, but have not yet done so. Let's not get rumors running around.

Now as for the TTR business sale, I have two perspective buyers for the entire business and a few other inquires. My real estate and software businesses are taking most of my time and something has to give. I am selling the U.S. distribution rights to sell D&D Cobras, GT's and any other roller
kit and turnkey minus that they build as well as the business. I am also including the
Turn Ten Racing, Inc. website, trade name and url in the sale. I have started selling off assets
that are not included with the sale, but I would be negotiable if they went with the
business. I am selling our incomplete EVO 5 display car on CC
(PhotoPost Classifieds - Complete TTR EVO 5 / 4.6 DOHC w/Stack unfinished - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds.

If anyone has more questions, post them here. Lets stop the speculation.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.

Are we done with the womens sewing circle bull? Bill PM me with your number. Did anyone else read this part of the quote?

"I hear they are casting a mould off the body"

I'll wait for the apologies. I do not want a business I am trying to sell slandered in this manner.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.

Hi Bill,

IF you want to see what i do in my shop just jump in your car and drive to visit me. If i got only small mould of your gt40 in my shop i will give it you for free(D&D COBRA INC.)I think is a faire deal!!!

NO MORE BLA-BLA!!!
Thanks guys,
Don.

Ron Earp

Admin
Guys, this isn't the place for an argument without factual information. Mike has his business up for sale, that is public knowledge, and he is trying to spread the word about that. I'll move the relevant portion of his post to the general forum. Not sure why this was in the Consumer Watch in the first place unless the original poster had a concern with the manufactuer cited, which I don't think was the case.

Ron

Guys, this isn't the place for an argument without factual information. Mike has his business up for sale, that is public knowledge, and he is trying to spread the word about that. I'll move the relevant portion of his post to the general forum. Not sure why this was in the Consumer Watch in the first place unless the original poster had a concern with the manufactuer cited, which I don't think was the case.

Ron

Thanks Ron,
I'm surprised at the rest of you on this thread. Thanks for the apologies :rolleyes:.

--Mike

I wouldn't expect you guys to say anthing different! N0 apolgies! I'm sure Mike you will sell your business just fine and Don will do well with his endevors.

Back