Anglo American Racing

I recently did business with a firm called Anglo American Racing in Arizona. They came highly recommended, and doing business with Martin, the proprietor was pure delight -- a great guy.

I ordered several items, and received most of them except for the shoes, about $200. When I called to find out when I would receive them I found that their phone was disconnected. I then discovered that their website was shut down. Repeated efforts to contact them by email and alternative phone numbers (listed under WHOIS for the website) have been unsuccessful.

Does anyone know what's going on with this outfit? I've contacted AmEx for a refund, but am hoping that I can resolve this with Martin and complete the order. Thanks!

Kim

I have actually shared a pint or 10 with Martin, his wife Chris, and their assistant Chris at the June Sprints. I don't know how they are to do business with (I suspect great) but I have never laughed so much for so long. They have a traveling store that they take to races. If you ever see them at a race, stop in and chat and get invited to their keg party. You won't regret it.

Kim,

If you post a physical address and location for this business, maybe one of the forum members are close enough to the business location to drop in for a look-see, and investigate this some for you?

Kim,

If you post a physical address and location for this business, maybe one of the forum members are close enough to the business location to drop in for a look-see, and investigate this some for you?

Gary:

They're in Phoenix, and it's my understanding from another website that the store appears shuttered. I don't have the address and have tried again to call them but their numbers appear to have been disconnected. The website has been down for a while, as well.

It's all very confusing because it seems everyone knows and likes Martin, as did I from just dealing with him on the phone, and yet they and their business appear to have vanished -- along with some of my money, unfortunately.

Kim

Sorry for my post above...for some reason I didn't read the original post all the way through.

My reply sounds flippant...my bad.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to contact them either.

:confused:

Kim,

The Corporation Commisioners Offiice for the State of Arizona has no listing in its registry for a business by the name of Anglo American Racing

I checked Find a Person or Business with our free online White Pages and Yellow Pages for a listing in AZ, and i found:

Anglo American road racing
501 W. Apache St.
Phoenix, AZ. 85003
(602) 252-3352

If the Corp Commisioners Office has no listing or record of the business, it usually means they are doing business under the radar, andit may be out of his home, but thats not for sure. The 411 listing did list an address and phone number. Is it the same phone number you have for them? If so, the address may be a starting point to investigate this issue.

Are their any forum members familiar with the address listed above in Phoenix?

Good luck,

Gary:

Thanks for scrounging the information for me – a very kind gesture. And that is the number I've been trying, along with a couple of others I found on WHOIS.

I've reconciled myself to having lost the money and will now attempt to receive a refund through AmEx. That's not such a big deal (though I wonder if others have lost more...); for me it's the mystery of the thing. A highly respected company, personable and well liked proprietor, and overnight they vanish! Despite losing money, oddly enough I feel more concern for these folks and hope that there isn't some tragedy behind the circumstances.

Perhaps some day we'll find out.

Kim

Kim,

I hope you can get your $$$ from AmEx.

It would still be interesting to see if anyone on the forum could do a drive by to see if it is a residential address or a business address. If its a residential address, the owner may have some information on the business going south and if they intend to refund any $$$ to anyone. I am still surprised that the company is not registered with the Corporation Commision.

Good luck anyway,

Kim
Here is the spiel from their ex site:- http://parts4racing.com/
"THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED MAKE OUR DREAM A REALITY!HOWEVER AT THIS TIME, WE ARE NO LONGER IN THE RACING PARTS BUSINESS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL
[email protected] <[email protected]> Anglo American Road Racing"

Just to close this out, I've written many emails over the past several weeks (to this and other of their email addresses), including last week. No response. Obviously the owners of Anglo American Racing have no intent to respond to my communications, let alone make good on my purchase. It's now up to AmEx to cover my loss. A sad way for a well-respected company to close shop.

kepetersen,

Try posting on clubracingaz.com. Anglo American had a presence at track events here in AZ, undoubtedly there are people on that board who know Martin.

Good luck.

Back