HiSpec Motorsport

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
As I've tried to contact HiSpec Motorsport since November last year to place an order via email for front/rear brake kit for my GTD and a front kit for my friend's M3, no reply so far. I sent at least one mail in a week to remind since November, but only one reply at the beginning.
Does anyone know HiSpec Motprsport does not sell their product overseas? Thanks for your help!
Best Regards

Yuji

They do sell abroad but I had same experience on their communcation efficiency.
Keep trying and suggest you call them first and ask the name of a person to send your request.
I remember it also took a while before a got the order sent.

Good luck
Rgds
Fred

I live in the UK and found the only way to deal with them is by using the phone as a way of chasing an email. Shame because the products are excellent.

Good luck

John

Yuji,
They are 5 mins drive from me. I have heard the only way to get your products is to chase them. Most people I know have waited a long time for their calipers, but everyone has been happy once received.

If I can help in anyway, please let me know.

Brett

I tried to purchase an upgrade kit a few years ago for my GTD and found that they would not export to the US.

Brian

Re: Hi-Spec Motorsport

I have used Hi-Spec on several occassions & their service is quite slow although the product is excellent. The factory at Dartford is primarily for manufacture as their core business is supplying Motorsport outlets. Try giving them a call & ask to speak to Geoff, good luck.

They had a large stand at the NEC International Race car show today, seemed to be doing great business, but I agree with Paul, seems like the only way to get action from them is to go to the factory and bang on the door.

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Thank you all. It's pretty unfortunate to hear all the stories above although HiSpec Motorsport seems to be the only source to provide the brake kit to replace standard GTD front/rear brake w/ quite less expensive price range.
It might not be worthwhile to continue as it might cost more than products to send back and force from this side of the world to fix the issue as noted.

I bought some NOS AP Racing CP 5000 (see my avatar) from a member here. The discs are 315. This route came out cheaper than Hi Spec for my rear brakes.

I have the Wilwood Powerlite Handrke calipers on my rear (they still need to be proven as I am still building). I bought them at a show from Rally Design and got a discount. As they can use the standard Granada Cosworth disc, even after a custome caliper connector. It still came out 50% less than HiSpecs rears.

Brett

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Brett,

Thanks for the info. Will check Rally Design for brake upgrade. Looks they have fr/rr brake kit available for 16" wheel, but my wheel is 15". Let me try, anyway!

Thanks & Regards

Julian
Thanks for posting the link. I had a long chat with the Hi-spec guys at the Autosport show and was going for their billet 4 kit, which would fit onto my Granada hubs with 15". I'll now be looking at the the Willwood range

Regards
Andy

Back