Fraud - ARAO Engineering Inc - Buyer Beware!

I have added the very cool ARAO 32v heads for 203/351W and 351 Cleveland head to the array of special parts availible to GT40s.com members. I'm telling you that a set of these topped with a stack manifold and you will be the envy of all your peers! They also will clear up acne, raise your IQ and increase the size of your rear tire budget. Here are some small pic's and more info can be found on my site.
araofordhd.jpg
araofrdsbcsm.jpg

Hi Guys I cannot bite my tongue no longer..............On Saturday, January 21, 2006 6:26 PM I Kevin Gall made contact via email with a company located in California U.S.A. As you know the company is ARAO Engineering Inc. the owner is Russell ARAO . In my contact email to ARAO i enquired about a special order set of FORD Aluminum racing cylinder heads - a product ARAO advertises & manufactures. After receiving a reply and several emails i decided to place an order with ARAO The product is special order Automotive cylinder heads to suit a Ford V8 for racing use at a fax quoted cost of USD $11,000.00 manufacturing leadtime ARAO states on paper 90days for special orders.

On 31st January 2006 payment via Int'l Bank Wire of USD $5,500.00 & 6th February 2006 USD $5,500.00 was completed in FULL to ARAO Engineering Inc. Bank account. After several more emails to finalize details and special requests i was informed by ARAO were engaged and going. After some waiting i emailed ARAO on Friday, June 02, 2006 12:39 AM to ask if everything was on track, i received a response back from ARAO that everything was fine and on track.

Again after more waiting On Friday, September 15, 2006 03:05:42 i asked via email a good friend of mine that owns a reputable drag racing supplies shop located in Whittier, CA U.S.A. to contact ARAO by telephone. He spoke with Russell ARAO and he stated to he was waiting on parts from an outside supplier - hence the delay. In months to come i have made ALOT of repeated attempts in writing, faxes, calls, emails to receive a date for finalizing and completion of my special order. I still have not received a date at which my order will be finished.

As of today Sunday, Jan 17th, 2008 nearly two(2) years later i have not received my order from ARAO Engineering Inc, only BU**SHT PROMISES AND ABSOLUTE LIES. The only thing i have received is pictures of my heads un-finished. I believe i have been patient and understanding and more than reasonable considering that ARAO has not delivered as promised 90days to manufacture.

From my personal dealings I heavily caution anybody wishing to part with their money to purchase from a disreputable company like ARAO Engineering Inc. If you have any questions/comments please email anytime! ....Arao Engineering has been reported by myself to the L.A Better Business Bureau & also C.A dept of Justice ,The office of the Attorney General C.A. It is noted Russ Arao Failed to respond to any complaint(s).

Re: Need some cool 32V head for your GTG40?

Wayne,

One of the guys on Corral.net tried for months to get a set of these heads. He's now trying to get his money back.

They sound great but I'd be careful.

mike
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=46770&highlight=arao

Hi Guys I cannot bite my tongue no longer..............On Saturday, January 21, 2006 6:26 PM I Kevin Gall made contact via email with a company located in California U.S.A. As you know the company is ARAO Engineering Inc. the owner is Russell ARAO . In my contact email to ARAO i enquired about a special order set of FORD Aluminum racing cylinder heads - a product ARAO advertises & manufactures. After receiving a reply and several emails i decided to place an order with ARAO The product is special order Automotive cylinder heads to suit a Ford V8 for racing use at a fax quoted cost of USD $11,000.00 manufacturing leadtime ARAO states on paper 90days for special orders.

On 31st January 2006 payment via Int'l Bank Wire of USD $5,500.00 & 6th February 2006 USD $5,500.00 was completed in FULL to ARAO Engineering Inc. Bank account. After several more emails to finalize details and special requests i was informed by ARAO were engaged and going. After some waiting i emailed ARAO on Friday, June 02, 2006 12:39 AM to ask if everything was on track, i received a response back from ARAO that everything was fine and on track.

Again after more waiting On Friday, September 15, 2006 03:05:42 i asked via email a good friend of mine that owns a reputable drag racing supplies shop located in Whittier, CA U.S.A. to contact ARAO by telephone. He spoke with Russell ARAO and he stated to he was waiting on parts from an outside supplier - hence the delay. In months to come i have made ALOT of repeated attempts in writing, faxes, calls, emails to receive a date for finalizing and completion of my special order. I still have not received a date at which my order will be finished.

As of today Sunday, Jan 17th, 2008 nearly two(2) years later i have not received my order from ARAO Engineering Inc, only BU**SHT PROMISES AND ABSOLUTE LIES. The only thing i have received is pictures of my heads un-finished. I believe i have been patient and understanding and more than reasonable considering that ARAO has not delivered as promised 90days to manufacture.

From my personal dealings I heavily caution anybody wishing to part with their money to purchase from a disreputable company like ARAO Engineering Inc. If you have any questions/comments please email anytime! ....Arao Engineering has been reported by myself to the L.A Better Business Bureau & also C.A dept of Justice ,The office of the Attorney General C.A. It is noted Russ Arao Failed to respond to any complaint(s).

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter

I've had these in mind for quite some time now. I have to think that compressing two sets of springs will cause some cam wear. ?

QUOTE]

I have a lot of experience with 4 valve heads and the concern about valve springs is probably a non issue. The springs are lighter than a single one (spring pressures) because the valves are smaller/lighter, I doubt that there is anymore overall spring pressures on the cam.
It does appear from other posts that getting them is the issue. My apprentice has had his eyes on them and I thought they were produced in Australia not the U.S.. If that time delay presented is from the U.S. I guess he can be thankful that it isn't an Aussie head. Best of luck in getting them. If there ever is a set put on an engine I would be interested in some actual,instead of theorized, results. They look to offer a lot of promise...but if they can't deliver that's all they are promisses...pretty pricey ones at that.

I've had these in mind for quite some time now. I have to think that compressing two sets of springs will cause some cam wear. ?

QUOTE]

I have a lot of experience with 4 valve heads and the concern about valve springs is probably a non issue. The springs are lighter than a single one (spring pressures) because the valves are smaller/lighter, I doubt that there is anymore overall spring pressures on the cam.
It does appear from other posts that getting them is the issue. My apprentice has had his eyes on them and I thought they were produced in Australia not the U.S.. If that time delay presented is from the U.S. I guess he can be thankful that it isn't an Aussie head. Best of luck in getting them. If there ever is a set put on an engine I would be interested in some actual,instead of theorized, results. They look to offer a lot of promise...but if they can't deliver that's all they are promisses...pretty pricey ones at that.

Kevin,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. If you don't mind me saying, you perhaps shouldn't have been so patient, meaning, after a year of waiting it may have been best to go straight to litigation. In most every state you're entitled to double or treble damages for consumer fraud (which is exactly what this is based upon your description of events) and you should be able to also recover legal fees. I suspect ARAO would at least respond to filing suit in the local Superior Court. Of course, once you obtain a judgment then you have the fun ahead of you of trying to enforce it. I think you've been had and going on the offensive with litigation may be the only thing that gets you some leverage.

Hi Cliff, many thanks for your reply and i appreciate your comments. Since i/we have started diging into Russ Arao, Arao Engineering Inc. i have found other customers that have also been scammed and we are now talking with each other which is a good thing! i can't say too much as Litigation is inevitable since Russ ignors any calls,emails,faxes any communication for that matter. Bottom line Arao Engineering Inc. and it's owner Russell Arao is participating in criminal/fraudulent activity which is totally unacceptable and completely WRONG. Something that needs to be brought to the attention of a U.S Court and possibly Law Enforcement Department.

Mike Pass

Supporter
kevin,
Try the legal bit to recover your money. If that fails in a reasonable time frame buy two plane tickets. One for you and one for your very large, very nasty, short tempered debt collector friend. Go have a "chat" with Mr Arao and explain to him the error of his ways.
Don't put up with this crap - go and knock on his forehead.
Cheers
Mike

Re: ARAO Engineering Inc 32v heads

I Russell Arao apologize to those who have had to wait for their order.
Arao Engineering and Russell Arao have rectified the manufacturing problem with a manufacturing alliance with a large CNC manufacturing firm. This alliance has been much needed to alleviate a large "Bottleneck" in the manufacturing of its 32valve cylinder head products. This has been in the making for some time, and is now tooled up and manufacturing product. We tried to keep all manufacturing in house up until recently, but the decision was made to outsource. This helps alleviate some major problems in the delivery to customers of its product. I truly apologize to those customers who have had to wait. The significance of this alliance is stated here. The Facts are:
1) Old backorders of product to waiting customers are being taken care of FIRST.
2) Every model of cylinder head is being manufactured to be in stock. All Chevy and Ford.
3) With manufacturing outsourced, engineers can devote more time to Research and Development of its product.
The first backorder to be shipped with this new alliance went to Kevin Gall of Billet Racing. This was a special one off Blown Alcohol 32v Ford Cleveland head. With special 6 studs per cylinder and "O" ringed intake ports. A "Bad Ass" set of heads that most engine builders predict will produce well over 2000 HP on blown alcohol. We will make this data available when available to us.
Ongoing Horsepower comparisons are being conducted on other models and figures will be published.
You guys deserve the truth and to be informed, and you will get it.
Thank You
Russ Arao
[email protected]

Thank you Russ for coming forward and being a man about the whole deal. But we will have to wait and hear from some of your customers before we can truly believe you. Personally, I hope this all works out.

Bill D

Ron Earp

Admin
There are some threads on Ford forums that are six years old with folks that have ordered heads and not received them. Even a cursory search on a Ford forum will turn up people that have ordered from Arao and not received their products. Some had to resort to legal action to recover their money.

ARAO 4 valve heads- UPDATE (long) - Corral Forums

anyone every tried these - FOUR VALVE DOHC heads on their 5.0? - Corral Forums

Russell has posted the same thing on many Ford forums. While I'm not passing judgment on Russell or the product, as a man who has lost $37,000 cash money in a car fiasco I'm sensitive to similar situations. I'd strongly urge caution.

Best,
Ron

<snip>You guys deserve the truth and to be informed, and you will get it.
Thank You
Russ Arao
[email protected]

Truth?!?
Like your assurance that my $11,500 heads were packaged & ready to ship last November?

Or that my full refund would be sent by bank wire on January 31?

How dare you even use that word!

Folks, please learn from suckers like me, & don't ever sent this fraud any money EVER.

A quick search of the California Secretary of State shows that a "ARAO INDUSTRIES, INC." - with Russ Arao as agent for service of process - is a dissolved corporation. I don't see an entry for "Arao Engineering, Inc.", a dba perhaps.

Truth?!?
Like your assurance that my $11,500 heads were packaged & ready to ship last November?

Or that my full refund would be sent by bank wire on January 31?

How dare you even use that word!

Folks, please learn from suckers like me, & don't ever sent this fraud any money EVER.

I read on another forum that as of Feb 12 your heads had been shipped early Feb to Australia and there was even a Fedex "your Arao order is in Sidney Fedex # 864089604260." What was that all about?

I just called them and they said they're making a run. Heads should be available this summer. Yeah, right!!!!

Given their apparent track record regarding doing what they promise, I would say that means.........precisely nothing.

I read on another forum that as of Feb 12 your heads had been shipped early Feb to Australia and there was even a Fedex "your Arao order is in Sidney Fedex # 864089604260." What was that all about?

That wasn't me - I'm not in Sydney (wrong State) The status of my $11.5k payment remains "stolen as a direct result of fraudulent emails from Arao Engineering"
J

Ron Earp

Admin
Any word on this situation? I've noticed on other Ford forums that Arao still isn't delivering cylinder heads and folks have been out of money for a long time.

Ron

Gentemen,I can't legally suggest this is happening here but I personally ran into an attorney (in my case)who was taking the money from many individuals(mostly for mortgages/real estate closings) and holding on to it as long as he could and putting through the payment at the last minute before incurring legal action.He was actually investing the money during that period but it caught up with him.Would've gotten away with it for quite a while but screwed the wrong person.He was found in his office with a fatal case of lead poisoning - delivered in one dose at high velocity. As in this case,no one would have known but for a chance conversation as no one knew each other.This b*****d clipped me(hold on ,Ron) for appprox $125,000.I was fortunate in recovering almost all of it as the day after my payment(through him) cleared the bank,he was terminated. This happened in Meriden CT in '86. Can't say that's happening here but I would be very suspicious of a business that no longer exists in the state registry.Is anyone able to check on a physical address or to tour his shop to see if any of these heads are there awaiting machining or delivery? A.J.

Last edited:
This sort of stuff happens all the time (unfortunately). The bottom line is that anytime you pay a vendor cash up front and you either a) are not receiving the agreed product concurrently, or b) you're not getting a secured interest in an asset of the vendor, then you're totally hanging out in the wind and you're going to get screwed. It's not a matter of if, rather, when.

So be smart about how you structure major purchases - pay on a staged schedule which aligns with staged delivery points (if the vendor can't deliver the total product at once) or make a payment through an escrow company and require that the vendor agree to granting a secured interest before the escrowed funds are released.

Of course, many vendors hate these types of accountable payment and delivery mechanisms because it prevents them from doing exactly what they're really looking to do - at best, use your money for their working capital for their business, and at worst, simply steal your money. Ya gotta be smarter than the scumbag trying to rip you off - don't give them the opportunity. He may be well dressed and talk the talk and walk the walk but he's still just a two bit crook.

If I had paid out good money for these heads, and not had a delivery in all this time, I would be on a plane to the US and with a bit of detective work arrive at the premises or the guys house and I sure wouldnt be leaving without my heads or deposit back.

Back