Performance Box

Pete,
I have the Perf Box. it is sensational. Very easy to use, the track mapping and overlays are great. You can merge the track maps onto google maps and actually see the line on the real track image!
You can use it for 0-100, 1/4 mile etc as well. Lots of fun.

I bought mine dircet from UK, it worked out cheaper.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Tim, I was directed to the local distributor by the U.K. site, I just want to confirm you mean cheaper after exchange rate. I've gotta get one, if you reckon they are great that's good enough for me.

Yes Pete, even after duties, it was cheaper. You may do better, being local to to distributor though.
Good fun to play with.
Very useful tool for track work.
Plus, it's a cool thing to show your mates......

Hi Tim,

Sounds just the thing to get lap times\splits, great for track days.

Pete, I am very interested what is the cost from the Aus distributor?

Thanks,
Andrew

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The price is 295 British pounds which is about $au643.00. I think even with freight and duty it would be cheaper buying from the U.K. Unless we get on the phone and bargain with racer industries.

Tim can you remember what freight and duty cost you?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Scott, I have an earlier model G-Tech I bought a few years back. It works really well for elapsed time 0-100, standing quarter etc. I don't think the RR was available back then.

Hi Dimi,

Thanks for the heads up on the price from Racer Industries, going the follow up with them today. Running at a sprint meeting at Calder next weekend would llike to get one before then.

Andrew

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I Just ordered from Racer industries when I did my conversion I forgot about V.A.T. so after adding that and allowing for freight + duty there is nothing in it. Should get the thing tomorrow.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The performance box arrived today, great service from Racer Industries.
I'll let you know what I think of it as soon as I get it up and running...
Hmmm. Looks simple reckon I don't need the manual.rockonsmile

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Dimi,
Real men never ever ask for directions, read manuals,or eat Quiche.
Some have been known to eat bacon and egg pie though.;)

Hi Pete,

Got mine yesterday too, good service from Racer Industries. Tried it in the better halves Peugeot but it was having difficulty logging into sats till I read the instructions and found that the Pug has an athermic windscreen, which requires an external antenna. Have ordered a couple of external antennas to use in other cars. Shouldnt be a problem in the 40, thought I'd play with it in Pug and get used to the functionality before using in the GT.
Nice toy.

Andrew

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Pete

Unfortunately I have known a lot of real men who ended up with egg on their faces.
Myself included.

Thats life.

Dimi

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Andrew, I set out a lap around the block at work and downloaded it to Google Earth. See image. I'm still trying to figure out the graphs, maybe I should take Dimi's advice and read the instructions.

Dimi, egg on the face is from eating to much Quiche.:D

Attachments

• block1.jpg
    block1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 389
Hi Pete,

Overlay looks cool! Us country folk will have to wait till I go to town to find a suitable block so that I can try out the lap timer\splits functions. Looks like you've becoming an advanced user compared to me. Have your staff worked out why you have been driving around the block for the last half hour!

Andrew

Back