Roaring Forties - the way ahead

Roaring Forties - the way ahead

Hi all,

I thought I would start this Thread titled - 'Roaring Forties - the way ahead' - to provide a platform for discussion between the new owners of Roaring Forties along with current and potential owners of all Roaring Forties GT40's.

This Thread could/can provide an oppportunity for potential owners to discuss or ask questions.

It can also provide an opportunity for the new and current owners of Roaring Forties to both introduce themselves and tell us a little about their product, changes, the future etc.

As this is the 'Buyers, Sellers, & Vendors' Thread, it really is a good opportunity to get to know everyone involved in the RF GT40 world.

Why not introduce yourself here?

I would ask that this Thread remains 'Roaring Forties - the way ahead' and not go back to the old Robert days of Roaring Forties. Whilst I do not want to forget the past, I think this is the future we are talking about - the way ahead.

Well lets start discussing the new Roaring Forties........

Stay safe

Bernie

Ok - I thought I would 'Post" my thoughts on the future.

I had the opportunity recently to inspect the new Roaring Forties facility in Thomastown ,Victoria, Australia. It is a very modern building in what is well recognised as an automotive area old Thomastown.

Neighbouring factories in the region include McDonald Brother Racing, Japenese Auto Imports, Petersens Ford wrecking, Repco etc etc. The region is a one stop shop for everything automotive.

The approach to the new Roaring Forties factory takes you past one of the largest new and second hand wheel factories that I have seen for a long time. It is hard not to turn in here as deals and wheels seem to go together here.

The Roaring Forties guys are at the end of the street in a modern factory and showroom that was being fitted out when I visited.

The reception area immediately welcomes you into automotive heaven with displays boards and stands to look over whilst you wait for your tour.

Although only early days I was impressed with what I saw.

It was clear that the guys had just moved in and were going through dozens of boxes of parts and working out just what they had purchased from the recievers sale.

The layout is well thought out with storage and assembly areas built and parts going into their strorage bins. A dedicated area was built for spare parts and this area has everything a kit owner needs for a build - from nuts and bolts to full assembly units.

Laying on the bench was a variety of plastic bags with printed descriptions on them, next to these bags was a complete wiper assembly unit. All ready to be mailed out.

A nearby dyno area was being used to fine tune the RF GT40 that was nearing copmpletion.

It was only early days and I'm sure the new owners will put some current photos up for us to see how they have moved forward.

I personally own a 'GT40 Australia' car that was exchanged for my Cobra and the guys quickly offered to assist me with any parts I needed.

I hope to get back soon and check out the progress at the new Roaring Forties GT40 premises.

In the interim, I hope that you will 'Post' on this site and start some informative discussions on Roaring Forties cars in general.

Stay safe

Bernie

Back