Issue with Parts Vendor - Seeking Advice

Hi Ron and all,can you advise me on an issue regarding contacting a member or should i say Vendor as well ,who is a supplyer of parts and advise on injector systems on either ford or chev V8 engines .The person in question is a suporting vendor of another site. (Cobra) I dont really want to mention his name .I message him on several occasions regarding my order of a injector system to fit my "very cool" engine.

After nearly Six months and sending him the full cash payment of my parts ,he finally sends 90% order ,im still waiting for the rest of the parts i ve payed for,and ill add its pretty much useless untill get them,he refuses to answer my messages. I see he's a regular comment as in dailycoment maker on the site.

Last night i lodge a comment to one of his advice comment to one of the members ,the message i lodged was not really deogatory toward him just a request to contact me .
This morning I see he himself has inflicted a 12 month ban to myself commenting on the site.MMM

Can i just also say ive tried to ring, email, message, him but he still refuses to reply.I have contacted other members on the site who have done buisnes with him ,they say hes a stand up kind of guy ...what ever that is...

I dont know weather other car builders have had problems ordering parts from other countrys.I dont know how to solve things,Or is it just common to just order parts pay for the things up front then just hope like hell they honour your buisnes and forfill there promise .

As you can guess car building becoming a bit of night mare and an expensive one ...or is it common just to trust know one.

I saw your post and it sounds like you have tried to call, email, etc. I have purchased parts from him, including a complete stack injection system. I never had any problems at all and was very happy with the parts. I know several others who have no issues. Backorders can be a real issue in this hobby as you know, but six months is a long time. Never the less, you have an issue it seems. If you have tried all other measures and used a credit card, go to your credit card company.

Ron Earp

Admin
What sort of site is this that allows a vendor to ban a member?

I think I know the vendor in question and he used to be a sponsor here on GT40s.com. At that time I never heard anything derogatory about him. His communications were timely and clear with me.

Keohep, I think in the end you must put details with the post regarding the vendor in question or it won't help the membership at all. I'm not saying to abuse the vendor, but describe the situation and allow him time for response as well.

Ron

Throw down for everyone to see. You'll see from a post I started that I have no issues with this method. There is absolutly NO excuse to avoid a bad situation. It is what it is. If you've paid in full, you deserve FULL communication from the vendor with full details as to what is going on. I would suspect that you have the ability to reason, and understand that problems on his end can, and most likely do, occur. He does owe you explainations about things on his end (supplier issues, lack of capital on his end to fulfill his obligation), all things I understand can happen, and I'd be happy to work with someone like that if it will get me what I need in the end. But to ignor and avoid contact. All I can say is BURN DOWN THE HOUSE. The man deserves it for acting like this. Sorry if this post steps on others toes, but this type of behavior is complete BS. Shows a complete lack of faith in your fellow customer.

This was Wayne's responce from another forum. If you look at the dates the complaints were posted a full month after taking delivery of the parts.

no big deal I can forward the tracking info and faxes to and from DC&O showing his parts shipped 7-23-08 and arrived 7-31-08. I have already sent them to Bill. There were some really unforseen delays in producing the manifold (foundry and machining issues) and it was sent at the very earliest that is was complete and up to spec.

Login to TNT
New Customer
Reset Password
Electronic Services
Contact us
myTNT
Express Shipper Domestic
Consignment No: 894450486

Status Date Time Depot
Picked Up 23/07/2008 14:44 Sydney Mas. PRI
Received in Depot 23/07/2008 18:23 Enfield (Sydney)
Received in Depot 28/07/2008 06:39 Perth EXP
Left On Dock 28/07/2008 09:38 Perth EXP
Left On Dock 29/07/2008 11:01 Perth EXP
On Board For Delivery-Full 30/07/2008 11:07 Sameday Perth
Delivered in Full 30/07/2008 11:52 Sameday Perth

Hi to all who has placed at thread to my problem and thanks for your interest.

Firstly with the 12month ban can i just say at the time of my first thread i was give the ban to which for some reason was down graded to the points penalty.

Secondly yes you can put up the tracking details as the tracking company is not in question,Its Wayne who im dissapointed with ,I think its funny he desided to send Gordon all the details and not bother to inform me on what was the delay .can i remind you Gordon he recieved full payment 4 months prior to delivery in cash by wire...and every time i was able to be fortunate in contacting him he had some made up excuse only for me to find he went fishing!!!! by reading his own threads Look i dont mind a guy having other plans with his life but why bull shit.

for your info Gordon and Frank hearing that your in contact with Wayne can you get him to forfill His obligation please ,this is a copy of my emailed order please note the date i do have emails from him delivery two to three weeks from this date .I also have records of payment if youd like to see them let me know.You may look as to what was shipped seeing you have all the details

Sent: Tuesday, 18 March 2008 7:24:44 AM
To: [email protected]

Manifold $3595
48lb injectors set/8 $425
synchronizer $ 45
TPS $85
Shipping $278
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total $4428

Wayne Presley
Acct xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
International wires are by the US federal Reserve Banking system

Wayne Presley
www.verycoolparts.com

Just tell me the truth and let me know whats the real story i realy wouldnt mind he just had to answer my mail or expensive phone calls and left messages Thats All or am i being a but too demanding for you too.

And finally he didnt even sent me the rest of my parts so he still owes me around $500

With love Keron

Gordon I am amused to think you think im in the wronge here?

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said you or he are right or wrong. I just posted the info he posted on another forum, nothing more.
If you are having issues still, I am sorry for that.

No prblem Gordon it would just be nice for Wanye just to send what im owed or just return the $500. ive mailed him just to see if he just over looked my order but alas no reply.

Im over it anyway im more than enjoying my40 build to let this crap dull it...id just like to tell other readers not to send money till the order ready to ship or just send a % and the rest when you get the tracking number .

If you chat to Wayne next just ell him to spend the cash on his next fishing trip and ill settle for a pic :)

Last edited:
Back