GT40s.com
MK-I  MK-II  MK-III  MK-IV  GULF  MIRAGE  J-CAR  LOLA
GT40s.com
Home Forum Gallery Support GT40s.com  
Register FAQ Advertisers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GT40s.com > >

Notices

Feedback: Buyers, Sellers, & Vendors Consumer experiences related to GT40s. NOT for advertising.

Old 3rd October 2008, 01:14 PM   #1
simonjrwinter
I Have No Life
United Kingdom

Smile BIG thank you to Frank Catt!

Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I'd just like to post my appreciation for Frank Catt's help today.
My GTD project has the old style rubber bushes in the suspension, which I needed removed. I'd heard that Frank had a jig and press to remove these, so called him up and went down today to get them pressed out.
When I got there, we discovered the bushes had a steel sleeve which meant that Frank had to turn up on the lathe a piece of steel to use especially to press my bushes out. This he did on the spot, and wasted no time in sorting the bushes for me.
When I spoke to him the other day about my gearbox mounting issues (see other post), he also told me he had templates for custom made mounts, and I picked up a set of mounts today which fit perfectly.
Again a BIG thank you to Frank, he IS the man!

Simon
Old 3rd October 2008, 05:36 PM   #2
Paul B
8 Tenths
United Kingdom

GT40: GTD40
Re: BIG thank you to Frank Catt!

Hi Simon,
I have to agree with you.
Every time I have needed work on my 40, Frank (ably assisted, supported & wound up by Geoff or should that be Jeff ?) has been helpful, accommodating and diligent in his work.
His recent work to replace my old brakes and servos with new Willwoods has transformed my car and I believe Tony Hunt has had a similar experience.
Old 4th October 2008, 05:33 AM   #3
FredGT40
10 tenths
Belgium

GT40: GTD40

I also would like to take this opportunity to thank Frank for all the support he gave me, being from Belgium, during the early beginning of my GT40 adventures.
Everytime I had to solve an issue he always had an answer and helping me out.

Thanks buddy and warmest regards to you wife, Barbara who, I am sure, has a lot of patience with you and your passion!

Fred
FredGT40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2008, 07:36 AM   #4
A Tenth
United States

GT40: bristol uk

I have to agree with you all here. Frank has been an integral part of the development of my CAV gt40. I think I have the only CAV with a RH gearchange developed by Frank. Although Frank does not suffer any fools, he was very patient and understanding with me during the early part my GT40 ownership when I would ask countless newbie questions.
sibbat2 is offline   Reply With Quote