GTD40 for sale-possible scam

This advert on pistonheads
Ford : GT40
Has a GTD for sale at 45,000 euros. The seller has just emailed me offering it to me at £25,000.
This MAY be a genuine seller and if so I apologise, however, no pictures, weeks between contact and sudden dropping of price makes me VERY suspicious (these are typical scammer tricks). If anybody on this forum is thinking about this car, PLEASE don't part with ANY money until you've seen it in the flesh!
Simon

ps, I hope I'm wrong.

Keith

Damn!!!:stunned:

On Pistonheads

"
Current Fraud Warnings
Please be aware that our site is currently being targeted by criminals attempting to scam unwary buyers.

Fake Escrow Scams
Scammers are posting adverts with extremely low prices and when emailed they claim that they need a quick sale and that the vehicle is not available for viewing.

They have also recently started using the PistonHeads name and logos to give their advert more credibility.

Buyer Waiting Scams
Scammers are calling sellers up telling them they have a buyer for their car with money ready, but the seller just needs to pay a £4.99 fee over the phone with a debit card first. They then use these details to withdraw as much money as possible from the victim's account. "

Back