Kremin Welding - Be Extremely Careful - Bankrupt

Ron Earp

Admin
The reason for my story here is to warn folks away from doing business with Kremin Welding located in Walnut grove MN. Address follows:

Kremin Welding
14499 U.S. Highway 14
Walnut Grove, MN 56180

Ph: 507-859-3177
Fax: 507-859-3137
Email: [email protected]
www.kreminwelding.com

In October of 2008 I started looking for a new race trailer. I needed a rather special race trailer, one that was not too big, not too small, had nice features, and was just right. I’d called the usual suspects at Pace, Haulmark, and others but none were really interested in building that custom trailer just the way I wanted it. I tried a couple of local places in NC but no luck.

Toward the end of October a buddy of mine located Kremin Welding. Kremin Welding had pictures of the exact type of trailer I wanted which was an open trailer with an enclosed box, nice tire track, and so on. Something like in this picture below but with a lot more features involving storage boxes, ramps, electrical mods, and so on.

trailer.jpg

After talking with Kevin Kremin we struck up a deal and I signed a contract for a trailer on 11-11-08. At that time I also sent him a deposit for the trailer to the tune of $3335, half the delivered amount for the trailer. The check was cashed on 11-24-08. The trailer was to be delivered on 12-5-08.

Over the next couple of weeks I received emails from Kevin in response to my queries and requests for changes. The last communication I had from him was on 12-2-08, about three days before the trailer was due. He told me the trailer would be ready on the weekend of the 12th and I agreed to that time line. I called him on 12-8-08 in order to arrange final payment but never got through. Subsequent attempts at communications went unanswered.

·Numerous emails sent, no response.
·Faxes sent, no respose.
·Printed letter sent via UPS, no response.

On 12-17-2008 Jeff Young became my attorney in this matter and also sent various communications to Kremin Welding demanding a return of my deposit. No answers were received until 1/3/2009. The response stated that Kremin Welding is in bankruptcy proceedings and they would be trying to deliver the trailer that was contracted by 1-31-2009. We responded that we’d like our deposit back and thus far have heard nothing else.

Also, starting on 12-17-2008 I filed a complaint with the MN Better Business Bureau and the MN Attorney General’s office. It appears the BBB has four other such complaints about Kremin Welding. I’ve also located one other individual in the Midwest that has had a $4k deposit on a trailer since February of 2008 and he still hasn’t received a trailer.

My goal here is not to malign Kremin Welding. If I wanted to do that I’d post a lot of non-factual information. My goal here is to put out a warning about Kremin Welding so that others looking for race trailers, or any trailer for that matter, don’t end up in a similar situation. More than likely I am out $3335. Keep your money close.

However, if I receive the trailer or a return of my money I will certainly update the story.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Re: Kremin Welding - Beware

Ron, sorry to hear of your plight. I hope the black cloud which appears to be following you disappears.

Ron, you have no luck. Fingers crossed that you get you money back, or at least a trailer.

Maybe you should tell us before you buy any stocks.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Ron - As I'm about 150 miles from Walnut Grove (Minneapolis) - I will be happy to spread word of this locally as well.. I've seen many trailers such as this in the Stock-Car world... I'll try to get some manufacturers names for you..

Dang - I hate to hear things like this...

Ron, if Kremlin is indeed in a bankruptcy proceeding then it's probably best to file a Proof of Claim with the bankruptcy trustee (if not already done) so as to be sure to be on the list of unsecured creditors. Hopefully, they'll successfully go through reorg instead of liquidation and there's at least a slim chance you might see a trailer or some $ coming back.

That's a bummer. I think this crappy economy is hitting hard everywhere and making cash really tight.

Ron Earp

Admin

Yep, Jeff said he'd do that but he, like me, knows there is probably no chance of money or a trailer showing up. Apparently the fellow's welding equipment was repossessed so as far as I know he has no tools to do the job. I feel sorry for him, I heard he makes good stuff. But not so sorry that I don't want my money back! He knew full well something was going down when he took my money.

Man, I sure know how to pick'em.....hey, like you said, maybe I could turn this skill of mine into a business. I will evaluate the market, tell you what I'd buy, and you guys run the other direction!

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

Man, I sure know how to pick'em.....hey, like you said, maybe I could turn this skill of mine into a business. I will evaluate the market, tell you what I'd buy, and you guys run the other direction!

:lol: sometimes your the windshield and sometimes your the bug. Ron, you need to get on the side of the windshield

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

:lol: sometimes your the windshield and sometimes your the bug. Ron, you need to get on the side of the windshield

Either way - things are gonna be messy!!!! :stunned:

Yep, Jeff said he'd do that but he, like me, knows there is probably no chance of money or a trailer showing up. Apparently the fellow's welding equipment was repossessed so as far as I know he has no tools to do the job. I feel sorry for him, I heard he makes good stuff. But not so sorry that I don't want my money back! He knew full well something was going down when he took my money.

Ron, there are guys on Wall Street that specialize in "short selling" = finding stocks that are about to tank then they profit off the subsequent price drop by way of a convoluted buy/sell mechanism. You might be a natural!

Sorry to hear this Ron. Cruel after what happened with RF (made worse if I remember rightly because you sold one chassis to get another which you then lost... correct?).

You made me laugh with your you pick them and we run scenario, to pick up on the stock theme - there are certain "experts" who are so bad that they are good for similar reasons.

Best of luck. I hope this one works out better for you.

Tim.

Ron,

My brother is another victim of Kremin Welding. My brother made a $1450 deposit on Feb 06, 2008 for a trailer. Dialogue continued for several months regarding shipping. Tragically, my brother's wife became gravely ill in May and passed away in June. After her passing, my brother attempted to contact Kremin Welding to explain the situation and obtain a refund of his deposit. He purchased the trailer in preparation for a family move that never occurred. His telephone calls were never returned. My brother has asked me to pick up this case on his behalf.

Ron, I was hoping you could bring me up to date on legal proceedings. I understand that they are in backruptcy. Have you filed a Proof of Claim with the bankruptcy trustee? If you can provide me any addition information or assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

jim

Ron, before purchasing any more large items you either need to consult the forum or get a new astrologist!
I feel your pain, Dave

Ron Earp

Admin

Hi Jim,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss and the trailer situation. The attorney of record for the matter is:

Eskens, Gibson & Behm
Stephen Behm
Box 1056
151 St Andrews CT Suite 610
Mankato,Mn 56002
Ph 507-345-5500
fax507-345-5207

We have filled for a proof of claim but my understanding is that the unsecured claims were in the realm of $100k+, which for such a small business is extremely high. Changes are slim to none that we'll get money back on this scam and slim is out of town.......

Shoot me a private message or email if you'd like to talk.

How did you find out about this thread on this forum? Google?

Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
Another update:

Kremin Welding has apparently not kept up with his bankruptcy payments. That means the unsecured creditors (all the people who paid deposits for trailers) won't be getting their money back.

To add insult in injury, Kevin Kremin is still taking peoples' money. I have received two calls in the last couple of weeks from folks that have sent Kevin money and now fear their money has been taken. I have also heard that Kevin Kremin is selling trailers on Ebay as well.

Kevin's email address is [email protected]. His website is still functional, looking exactly like it did last year:

Custom Built Trailers - Welding & Fabrication - Kremin Welding - Custom Built Stock Cars - Walnut Grove, Minnesota - MN

Kremin Welding

Notice that there isn't an mention of bankruptcy or lawsuits on the website.

In my opinion I would recommend that no business transactions be entered into with Kevin Kremin. My $3335 is still missing and the only communications I've received from Kevin Kremin have been requests to remove this thread and take down the associated websites about my Kremin Welding experience.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The man is a thief... He'll get what's coming to him sooner or later Ron.

I hope that somehow you can be made whole on this with the return of your funds...

i got scamed by kremin weilding it all started in may of 09 im driving up to see him really soon n its not going to b good 2300.00 is a lot of money n know buddy can do anything about lt he keep riping people off

Ron Earp

Admin
Let me know how you get on with Kevin. I have heard reports that the Sheriff had visited him on a couple of occasions. There was also a report of someone threatening Kevin Kremin with a firearm, but I don't know the validity of the information.

i got scamed by kremin weilding it all started in may of 09 im driving up to see him really soon n its not going to b good 2300.00 is a lot of money n know buddy can do anything about lt he keep riping people off

gbass,
I'm all for confronting this guy, but for your sake, leave the firearms at home. The best bet is to have someone film the confrontation and record his statements. Then use that to go to the courts, either criminal or civil, and let the slow arm of justice take him down. As much as I love the idea of vigilante justice, the pain you will foster upon yourself is something you want to avoid. If he threatens you with a firearm, and you get it on tape, so much the better. The local sherriff will take it from there.
Garry

Back