Yes! Frank Catt again

Now I've had a good few interesting sports cars in my time and it seems that nearly everybody I've had to do work on my cars over the years ends up either maker a pigs ear of it or giving obsurd advice and charging crazy money. So when I eventually found my dream project GT40 the first hurdle was always going to be the fact that I'm 6".4' tall and the car would need some serious engineering to get me behind the wheel.

Well, to get to the point I would like to to give a big thankyou to Frank and Jeff at Wealden engineering for doing an amazing job on my car.

Before the car was driven to Franks workshop I had just had a new posh rod gear linkage fitted that didn`t change gear properly. a transaxle gearbox fitted with the wrong mounting bolts causing the casing to thread and fail, and the entire newly fitted wishbone suspension was loose with the wrong size bushes etc.

Frank and jeff cracked on and sorted the lot including dropping the floor pan an inch and making a custom seat to fit my driving position. They also found more throttle whilst sorting the cable and fixed new luke harnesses and interior seals.

Now the car is safe and feels like a dream to drive with a posative gear change and comfortable driving position.

So guys and girls, the moral of my story is, if you want the most out of your GT40 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, call Frank Catt, a man you can really trust, especially as these cars are to be driven hard and tested they must be safe. Even if you`ve just finished your build or are about to go on the track for the 1st time, it will pay to get Frank to look over the car first.

Paul, it is so nice to learn about a GOOD experience with builders. We all too often hear the horror stories. Well done!

I second that.

Frank always was very helpfull even outside the UK.
I have known him for several years and still always there when question or help is needed.

Fred

Before the car was driven to Franks workshop I had just had a new posh rod gear linkage fitted that didn't change gear properly. a transaxle gearbox fitted with the wrong mounting bolts causing the casing to thread and fail, and the entire newly fitted wishbone suspension was loose with the wrong size bushes etc.

Paul,
I bet your car had Frank sucking his teeth and tutting when he first saw it!
That said, his and Geoff's work is first class and there doesn't seem to be anything they can't take on and do superlatively.
Add one more.
Tony

Pat

Supporter
Since I asked the question about window sealants that seems to have generated some excitement, I would like Frank to know how much I appreciate his contribution to the forum and to me personally. When I first acquired my car I was a golf ball in tall weeds, lost and unmarked. Frank was kind enough to reach out and send me information on safety items and set up tips that allowed me to sort out the car and truly enjoy its potential. He did it for free and has done the same for countless others. For that, he'll always have my respect and appreciation.

Frank not only sourced but also shipped me European Ford Granada hub bearing sets, which are not available in the U.S. He didn't have to, but after discussing what my car needed, he just said, "I'll get them and send them to you." Thanks again Frank!

I agree with all the above - just never ask him any stupid! You'll only do it once - he's the Prince Philip of the GT40 world. Even Frank will agree with me on this one.

Back