Fparts for an LS1 engine???

Hey all,

I currently in the process of buying an LS1 engine in the USA an have it shippid to europe, I have found a firm on e-bay that's supposedly selling these by the 100's a year, but since I'm living in europe I cannot easily pay them a visit.

the firm is called Fparts
Fparts Salvage- Your LS1 and Lt1 Source

anyone been in buisness with them???

or even better does anyone know of a good source of late LS1 engine in the Ohio region? my brother works there and can ship via his company for a very good rate!

grtz Thomas

Try Cleveland pick-a-part. They sell refreshed LS engines at a very good price & will ship. Fparts has both good and bad reviews. Cleveland pick-a-part provided me with great service on a fresh Corvette LS-1 which I subsequently modified
for my SL-C.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thomas,

You could also buy a new crate engine without worries directly from GM.

GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts

I've done business with them in the past and had very good results. I've a friend that owns a small GM Dealership and he's told me that the prices from this website are cheaper in many cases than the prices he pays.

Check it out;

125781041.jpg

GM PART # 17801267
CATEGORY: Eng Asm
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $7,052.86
OUR PRICE: $5,134.48

DESCRIPTION: ENGINE
GM Performance Parts offers this complete LS1 engine assembly, but without electronics or wire harness. It provides a quick and easy way to get great power on the ground with a minimum of hassle. The engine is rated at 350 horsepower and 365 lb.-ft. of torque. The engine includes a Corvette-style oil pan, electronic drive-by wire throttle body, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, fuel rail with injectors, balancer, and 14" automatic transmission flexplate. It makes a great performance engine for your performance vehicle project; just add your wiring and electronics.

BUT WAIT!!! THAT's NOT ALL!!! (RIP - Billy Mays)

Why buy the LS1 when you can have the LS6 for just a little more!!!

$5,463.12

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I have a lead on a new LS-7 crate motor quite reasonabliy. I am working on a big block so I wanted to pass this on to someone who could use it.

" Brand New Corvette Zo6 ls7 505hp(427 smallblock) - $8500 "

They then give this link for a detailed description.
GM Performance 17802397 - GM Performance 2006 Corvette Z06 LS7 Engine Assemblies – SummitRacing.com

It is only about 50 miles from me. If this is something you are interested in, I can do some research on it for you. I have the ability to ship it to Cleveland if needed also.

Kindest Regards
Brian

thanx all for the quick replies.

@ molleur, I had just found the on the net, thanx for the tip anyway.
@ brian Very nice to share the possibility but far to steep a price for my taste, I'm looking for a reliable 400hp at the cranck on an Omex 710 managent I allready decided on (have good experience in previous kitcars)
@ Ian, also nice piece of kit but far to extreme for me.

Big foot, will look into your option, can you normaly get a price quote for one, as you say prices on the website vary day to day I think, new LS6 sounds good...... will go to 450hp on mapped omex as stock i'm sure.

agaon thanx a lot, if anyone has another lead in Ohio I'm all ears.

still preffer a cheap as chips second hand engine that's in a good state.

better finnish the car first take all gizmo's out and then go nuts on the power, did that to all the cars I build so far. works a treat.
also in an 800 to 850 Kg car 400hp equates to roughly 500bhp per tonne, would be sufficient for a road going one.

Grtz Thomas

ps will now retire to the garage to hacksaw 5cm of my G50 OMG:stunned: thanx for the info Randy.

Back