Carlsberg don’t do GT40’s but if they did they would probably do a Southern GT

A big thank you to Mick Adam and all at Southern GT. OK so I know I’m biased as I bought their car but I owe a bit debt of gratitude to Mick and his team.

Since I bought my car I have had a number of experienced builders frighten me with their body fitting horror stories, so when Mick offered to fit my body for me at a very reasonable price I jumped at the chance. In fact in the words of one previously mentioned builder, when I told him the price Mick quoted, “you would be mad not to get him to do it at that price”.

My body and chassis were duly delivered to Mick and I emphasised I was not in a hurry for it to be finished as I had plenty of other jobs to be getting on with. Over the next four months I got regular updates from Mick as he was having a lot of problems fitting the body. In fact he had almost given up a couple of times, and his son Adam told me it would probably have been cheaper for them to scrap my body and supply and fit one of their own.

I must point out I bought my kit third hand, and it has a non Southern GT body, which has been stored in various not ideal places over the last 3 to 4 years, which probably added to Mick’s problems.

The upshot of all this was Mick spent a considerable extra amount of time fitting the body which he had not accounted for in his original quote. His charge for this extra work, and some other jobs not originally agreed which he did, was zero, zilch absolutely nothing, i.e. he kept to his original quote.

Indecently, if you are ever near Southern GT and you are interested in GT40’s just pop in you will be amazed at the parts they can supply, and every time I’ve been some new interesting piece of workshop equipment has appeared, last time it was a laser wheel alignment rig.

So Mick Adam and all at Southern GT thank you once again for all your help, above and beyond the call of duty, from one very satisfied customer.

Back