DO NOT BUY FROM T& L Engines!!

Since my last post about a month ago I have been unable to get anyone at T7 L to call me back! Supposedly my engine is finished and dynoed and ready to ship but they won't ship it! I have decided to fly back there and see what's going on! Anyone know of a lawyer I can talk to about small claims court since I can't sue them myself (I live in Albuquerque, NM). I realize I will lose money but I am pissed enough right now that I don't care. I will be in Charlotte next Thursday to go to the shop (if they are still in business) and can meet someone later that day (April 1).

Any suggestions are most welcome. I ordered the engine in June 2009 and all I have to show is the run around! I am not hopeful that I will be able to jar my engine loose from these A Holes.:shout:

Please PM me and I will give you my phone and email for contacting me if needed.

Thanks for any help.

A guy on the FFCobra forums recently received notice that his engine from them was ready to ship. He's been waiting 14 months.

Does seem to be a bit of a long wait...

Hope you get it worked out.

Bruce, I'd suggest doing the following as a preliminary step: a) file a complaint with the state Attorney General office (they always have a consumer affairs division), b) contact the local police and indicate you'd like to file a complaint - best to try to talk to one of the detectives - they might send an officer by to take a statement, and c) file a complaint with the FTC (they too have a complaint intake form for consumer affairs.

Do a search here for T&L and you'll find a post of mine with detailed instructs to accomplish the above.

Hang in there and keep your cool!

Fantastic! This forum is the BEST. I will look now for the post Cliff and follow it. I will post an update as soon as anything changes.

Bruce, I'd suggest doing the following as a preliminary step: a) file a complaint with the state Attorney General office (they always have a consumer affairs division), b) contact the local police and indicate you'd like to file a complaint - best to try to talk to one of the detectives - they might send an officer by to take a statement, and c) file a complaint with the FTC (they too have a complaint intake form for consumer affairs.

Do a search here for T&L and you'll find a post of mine with detailed instructs to accomplish the above.

Hang in there and keep your cool!
Cliff,
Where do I look for your past post? Tried a search but got no hits.

Don't think so...no instructions on suing the bastards! I have contacted North Carolina Attorney General and the BBB and will call the Sheriffs office tomorrow. Found an interesting thread on Bing re T&L. Seems they are chronically piss poor about delivering what they promise.

This situation is a disaster, T & L sent us a video of the engine on the dyno and said they were shipping it out months ago, now they will not return our calls.
Dave

The earlier thread about T&L seems to have disappeared......?? I did some searching in the forums with a few likely key words and couldn't find it. As I recall it was a lenthy thread from earlier in 2009 with a similar title ("Problems with T&L...."). Perhaps the moderator of the engine/transaxle forum could shed some light???

I would suspect that T&L is using deposits and advance payments to fund immediate general business expenses....and perhaps even salaries and distributions to company owners...rather than using the funds to buy parts and build YOUR engine for shipment to YOU. I don't want to spread rumors but there are enough reports of abuse that it seems likely to me.

Cash and carry transactions work - I give you my cash as your fork lift is loading the engine into the back of my pickup. Of couse, with T&L's reputation you might want to make sure there's a crank and rods and pistons in there before you drive off....

you are correct Cliff, I rode to charlotte ,picked up a motor ,paid cash and drove home. the motor is great by the way, but no way would I order one from them. However, it is interesting that southern guys located within driving distance of T&L seem to get their motors with no problem.

Ron Earp

Admin
The earlier thread about T&L seems to have disappeared......?? I did some searching in the forums with a few likely key words and couldn't find it. As I recall it was a lenthy thread from earlier in 2009 with a similar title ("Problems with T&L...."). Perhaps the moderator of the engine/transaxle forum could shed some light???

Cliff,

There are two other threads about T&L in this subforum, just scroll down a bit.

Ron

Guys vote with your dollars! I can honestly say that getting anyone to return a call or actually perform a swift business deal in the Charlotte metro area is nearly impossible. If you do they are maybe from somewhere else. I understand your frustration after moving here from the North.
It seems to be normal practice here to hand out your money and wait and pray it happens. This should not be the way it is done.

Back