Beware of polepositionusa

Hi All,

would like to share my experience with POLEPOSITIONUSA ( Pole Position USA, Motorsports Parts and Auto Racing Equipment )

I ordered a Lifeline Fire suppression system to go into one of my customer cars , which is currently build at RCR.
Directly had contact with a guy named Victor ( think he is the owner and gm). He told me that the part is on stock and will be shipped out asap.
After two weeks we and still having no shipment confirmation i contacted again. The answer was , that they expect the part to come in every day and will ship it out asap. Again two weeks later ( in the meantime they have booked the debit of 760,50USD from my customers credit card), Victor told me that Lifeline USA has changed theire distribution structure and therefore there are not able to procure the part, but he will check again. After a call next day he promised again a delivery within the next 2 weeks. After another few weeks of waiting we both agreed to cancel the order and he promised to immidiately retransfer the money to my customers card. THis was already another 4 weeks ago. Still no money has arrived yet.

Tried to called them numerous times, contacted them via email, both to no effect. Cannot even reach them. Left a lot of messages also on the mailbox.

If i would have to spend that much time with each supplier, i would get nothing accomplished.

Looks like i have to step in and pay back the amount to my customer.

If anyone know them better, some help would be appriciated , other than that my reco is:

DON`T BUY AT POLEPOSITIONUSA !! :thumbsdown:

TOM

Last edited:
The cc company may have already remitted payment to polepositionusa given the amount of time that has elapsed. This makes it a little more difficult, and ultimately, the cc company has to determine if it's willing to eat the loss if it can't be passed back onto their customer (poleposition).

Poleposition shouldn't have charged the cc until the product was shipped. If I saw a charge on my cc and the product wasn't arriving on my door promptly I would have disputed the charge right away.

Sorry to hear of the difficulties with these folks.

Tom,

When you make a charge on a credit card you have 60 days from the date of the charge to file a claim and get your money refunded, or the problem resolved. If it has been more than 60 your chances are slim to none. This has to be done by the credit card holder, and it has to be done EXACTLY as described on the back of the monthly statement. Each person should look at their statement to become familiar with it. Even if it looks like the vendor is going to come through, a claim should be filed. It can always be withdrawn. You shold advise your customer(s) when the date is approaching the 60th day to take the action. You as the dealer are not required to reimburse the customer, as he was the one making the purchase. You are going over and above what is expected to refund him and take the hit. It does however give people who know you, a feeling of trust and assurance. I would just stay after the company for the money and they should be made aware of what ever action you take and what it is doing to their business and reputation.

Bill

Tom,

Definitely chase these guys via the credit card company. I have just had a very similar experience with furniture which was ordered over the net. The supplier let me down consistantly for over 12 weeks. Eventually I gave up on them, called in the credit card company and gave them all the details of missed delivery dates and empty promises..........had my £1200 back in no time at all.

Good Luck! I hate to hear these stories.....

Tom,

Definitely chase these guys via the credit card company. I have just had a very similar experience with furniture which was ordered over the net. The supplier let me down consistantly for over 12 weeks. Eventually I gave up on them, called in the credit card company and gave them all the details of missed delivery dates and empty promises..........had my £1200 back in no time at all.

Good Luck! I hate to hear these stories.....

Ditto - I had a problem with a company over a 6mth period and after returning goods 'at their request' - I then received no refund and was messed about and ignored on phone calls. One call to the credit card company and all was resolved within about 2 wks.. in my favour.

Unless there are different rules within USA for such things..?

For what it's worth.. I sent these guys an email stating that they were being bashed over here at GT40s.com.... and here is the response that i got back..

<Quote>

Craig,

Thank you so much for the heads up,

We try really hard to give all our customers 100%, but sometimes the best we can do is 98 or 99%,
an you end up with a unhappy customer, in this particular case, the customer is right, because of many delays from the manufacturer we were not able to provide the item in a timely manner,
and our book keeper really screw up with the return.
So I take full responsability.

If you are in need of an item we carry, please let me know and I will be happy to give you $100 off

Thank again

Victor <end Quote>

I can confirm that Victor the owner of polepositionusa, reacted and send me an email today stating that he has triggered the return of the amount.
I will wait and see if the money realy arrives at my clients account.
I welcome Victors open and transparent reaction now, but it wouldn´t have had to come to that stage, if he would have reacted to my communication in an earlier stage.
If everything works out, i have no issue to communicate that this all was just a unlucky combination of sad circumstances.
We will see !

Thanks so far for all your support and help

TOM

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Looks like BS to me, good luck on this one.

Folks who have the intention to defraud you always stall until they are pretty certain that the sixty days have elapsed, and figure they are home free. I've learned(the hard way, for hundreds of dollars) to always get the complaint in with the credit card company ASAP- I usually give the merchant a week or two and then drag out the artillery. People who are straight shooters and intend to do right by you will do it right away; people who start stalling are (in my experience) cheating you and dragging it out on purpose for exactly that aim.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Looks like BS to me, good luck on this one.

Folks who have the intention to defraud you always stall until they are pretty certain that the sixty days have elapsed, and figure they are home free. I've learned(the hard way, for hundreds of dollars) to always get the complaint in with the credit card company ASAP- I usually give the merchant a week or two and then drag out the artillery. People who are straight shooters and intend to do right by you will do it right away; people who start stalling are (in my experience) cheating you and dragging it out on purpose for exactly that aim.

I'm with you on this Jim. Tom I would delay no longer, go to the Credit card company and make a claim.

Update:
We got a feedback from the CC company today.
Victor has returned the full amount to my clients credit card.
After i went public, he has reacted quick and took full responsability, thanks for that.

Thanks for all you encouragement and help. You got to love the knowledge, support and power of this forum

THanks
TOM

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Good to see that this has been resolved.. Hopefully Pole Position has turned the corner and are able to make good on their customer's orders from this point forward..

"Good to see that this has been resolved.. Hopefully Pole Position has turned the corner and are able to make good on their customer's orders from this point forward.. "
GT40 RCR40 #45 G50-331-Weber IDAs

Randy, why would you think that? My experience is that scumbags that try to stick it to you will, when cornered and facing pressure from a group like GT40.com, turn around and make nice hoping to not lose future business...like some insurance companies...deny a claim until the person proves he is willing to take the time and effort to fight them. I don't think their approach is likely to change at all. I sure wouldn't buy anything from them.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
"Good to see that this has been resolved.. Hopefully Pole Position has turned the corner and are able to make good on their customer's orders from this point forward.. "
GT40 RCR40 #45 G50-331-Weber IDAs

Randy, why would you think that? My experience is that scumbags that try to stick it to you will, when cornered and facing pressure from a group like GT40.com, turn around and make nice hoping to not lose future business...like some insurance companies...deny a claim until the person proves he is willing to take the time and effort to fight them. I don't think their approach is likely to change at all. I sure wouldn't buy anything from them.

Why would I think what?

Tom and his Customer's issue has come to a good resolution with the return of funds..

I went further to say "HOPEFULLY" Pole Position has turned the corner - etc... No thinking to it.. Hopefully they have turned the corner..

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Unfortunately about 3 years ago I had a similar problem with Coast To Coast Auto Wreckers and lost several thousand dollars.

Complaints lodged with the Better Business Bureau and the state and federal authorities only proved how futile and toothless these agencies can be .

Because I didn't live in the US nobody would help or do anything.

The only advice I got from everybody was to get legal help but even the legal people would not help as I was not in the US.

Great system!!!!!!!!!!

Dimi

Back