Dennis Olthoff

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Thanks and kudos to Dennis, who has been extraordinarily helpful in getting parts to us to try on 1149. The stub axle caps fit, with a little machining, and are going to work great. We borrowed a set of SPF tanks- regrettably they will not fit, there is enough difference between the David Brown chassis and the SPF that they can't quite go in, but it was very good of him to help us out and lend us a set. And the seatbelts (Willans, replaced by track belts) are going to work nicely we think.

Dennis answers the phone, knows what you need to find out-altogether a paragon. It's always a pleasure to meet someone like that.

They are a great bunch of people as I have ordered some parts for my cobra from them and he went out of his way to help me where others really failed. They treat you like a real person and take the time to help you out no matter how simple or small the issue maybe.

So I will second the hats off to them!!!

David

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I agree 100%, I always look forward to stopping in and seeing whats new and they go out of their way to show you.

I agree as well. When I call I'm usually stuck and they've never been without an answer that works. If I'm honest tho, sometimes its better to talk to one of the guys in the shop. Dennis can be hard to understand when he starts to talk fast......:laugh:

They have always been helpful to me when I call and ask questions and I have not even bought services from them.. yet.

I am a big fan

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I live 45 minutes from Dennis' shop, and he's done quite a bit of work on my GT40. I doubt anyone in the US knows more about Superformance cars than Dennis and his team do. If you need anything done with your GT40, his shop is the one to go to.

A little slow in my post, but I live 2 hours away from Olthoff Racing and have purchased 2 of the 3 Superformance cars I own directly from Dennis. The 3rd (#382) was originally purchased from Olthoff. Great to deal with and very helpful to those who need car questions answered. Service-they have sent a truck twice to retrieve cars and even carried back non-Superformance cars back with them I've purchased at the Charlotte Auto Fair. If your looking for a car, new or used, this is the place to go to. They keep an ear to the ground when cars maybe coming up for sale, so if your looking to buy something off in the future let Dennis know. A gentleman to deal with and always fair.

I agree with everything said about Dennis.. He has serviced and sorted my GT-40 for the past 2 years and has gone out of his way to do little things to the car that has been a great help and I did not know about them.... He has a great service crew and they do everything in a professional manor...If you need anything SPF you owe it to yourself to give him a call.. I see on his web site he has a few used Cobras and a GT-40 for sale...

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Agree with all said above. Dennis and crew built my SPF and my experience working with them has always been very positive. Very knowledgeable and is always willing to take time out of his busy day to make recommendations and answer any of my questions however stupid they may be. Dennis is a class act!

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
If you haven't seen it, Dennis Olthoff has a new website that is a huge improvement over the last version. On the site he also has a more complete listing of the various parts upgrades and services that his shop offers.

Home - Olthoff Racing

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Looks great! Even found a picture of my car the day we were down there to pick it up after drivetrain installation as they were making final adjustments. Dennis and crew are invaluable for SPF owners. No one better to work on your car and have available when questions come up. I've lost track of the times I've called down there scratching my head and Dennis or Paul have got me pointed in the right direction in just a minute or two.

I stopped by their shop last week, they are an excelent organization. I spent over an hour with Paul as he answerd dozens of my questions about the 40 with no hesitation, great bunch of guys!!!

Back