kudos for Isspro

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
The Isspro fuel tank senders arrived this morning. The order for the custom senders was put in last Friday, they were made by Monday, and arrived here today. Isspro will make up vertical reed-switch senders with your choice of resistance profile, dimensions, integral or detachable wires, wire color and length choice, etc. They also sent us a template/engineering drawing for the tank mounting area which showed how to make the plate that the sender bolts onto.

I will try to get some photos of the senders in place. These cost about $100 each, and as usual Isspro have done their customary great job- done right, done fast, and at a reasonable price. I've ordered various kinds of marine gauges from these folks, all of which continue to work perfectly, including four tachometers for my marine diesels which not only worked perfectly but all agree. They are an outstanding outfit. Please give them your business if you can. ISSPRO.com Your home for quality Gauges, Tachometers, Speedometers, and more!, and as mentioned they are happy to do custom orders for gauges, senders, etc etc

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Exactly right, Terry. Mine were made up to a custom dimension, since we had to have the fabricated tanks in the car to do the measurements and get exact lengths. The 10-180 ohm resistance curve is called a "VDO" curve, even though the instruments are Smiths; I guess VDO copied it from Smiths or the other way around or something. They have all kinds of different variations of all this. Mine took a bit longer since they weren't on the shelf. "A bit longer" was a week total which I think is outstanding.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Jim -

I couldn't agree more with your praise for ISSPRO. I had one of their oil pressure senders on my S1 Esprit. After a year or so it began to leak a bit of oil out of the sender. They replaced it with no questions asked - even though it had been more than a year! Excellent folks to work with.

Dave L

Back