SPAX shocks dealer in USA

Ever try to find something you need? Searching for a shock that I broke during a drive when the road surface patch job resulted in the car bottoming out and snapping off the shaft at the upper mount. I called 7 of the listed "dealers" in the US. From The SPAX website. Response was poor, as six either did not want to help as they only dealt with Jags, Triumph Spitfires, or GT6's, or Trucks! Others were left messages, but have not responded. All except one. Mustangs Plus called me back with-in 15 minutes. Bill found the part number match and availability before calling me back. He even knew it was for a CAV GT40! The shock is 4 to 5 weeks out, due to be restocked in America in early April. I was able to place the order and it will be shipped direct to my address. Oh what a feeling! And I don't even own a Toyota! I wanted to just replace the damaged one instead of the whole set due only having 2,400 miles on the car. A few contacts were unfamiliar with the part number and cut me short as they didn't know how to source what I needed. (and these were dealers). I did find out from Johann Keyser of CAV USA today, that CAV no longer uses SPAX shocks on US cars. :thumbsup:Thumps up for all the help and good job done by Bill at Mustangs Plus @ 209-944-5795 in California, USA

Last edited:
Back