GTReproductions.com?

I read the article (yeah, it's a few years old) and was interested in Active Power/Chris Adern's GT40 build. I found a couple of websites (all seem to list the same phone number in Indiana, but I thought Active Power was in Ohio)....anyway nobody ever answers the phone, no answering machine, nothing. It seems that the GTR MK1 with some of the same photos as before on GTReproductions.com is now PRG? related to Performance Racing Group? and Performanceracing1? and some online sales of misc part? Does anybody know anything about these websites? whether they're still in business? Oh yeah, somebody posted on the facebook page that they ordered parts and never got them.

I guess I should just run in the other direction, but for some reason this build intrigued me.

Last edited:
I went and talked to Chris back in 07 about doing a Chaparal 2D with modern drivetrain. I got the sense he was capable of the task but at the same time not too enthused. I still love the lines of the 2D. I wonder who has the molds. Fran?

It looks like Active Power/GTReproductions isn't in business anymore....but there's a new website with some of the same photos. Performance Racing Group? or PRG? Anybody know anything about them? (They don't seem to answer their phones...but have a bunch of websites with the same phone numbers.)

Back