Fran Hall came to the rescue!

I wanted to start a new titled thread to make sure that everyone was aware of Frans involvement in getting me parts for my CAV GT40. This is related to the thread Beware of Ian CAV. After years of struggling with Ian to get parts that I paid in full for, Fran Hall stepped up and made arrangements to get the parts from Ian and get them finished. Probably at his personal cost. He shipped them to me and now I have them. It's been 3 years waiting for parts and I am certain that without Frans help, I still would not have them.

It speaks volumes about Fran and his passion for our hobby.

Thank you Fran and RCR

Tom

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Thank you guys...

my Canadian dealer should take some of the credit too....he also played a big part in making this happen....Kudos to CRC aka Toby Follows

Its important that people dont get screwed over in this industry as its a small world and we all drink from the same fountain.

I know when RF first went under RCR stepped up and financially helped a bunch of guys out to keep their GT40 dream alive....obviously it was good for RCR as a business but it also helped stop the rot and keep the GT40 candle burning for many of us.

Last edited:
Fran,

You didn't have to do it. The fact that you did speaks volumes...

When I started my (re)search four years ago I remember you were very helpful and at least to me appeared to be very honoust and open. Being where I am now I should have bought the one off kit you offered me as well. It is probably gone by now, else I would still be interested. (I just sent you an email)

Apparently, you select your dealers very carefully, as EgliTom seems to be very helpful as well.

Cheers.

John

Last edited:
I was one of those who got caught up in the roaring 40s fiasco a number of years ago. And thanks to Fran he was able to keep my GT 40 dream alive at deep cost to himself. So it doesn't surprise me that he would help somebody else out like this. High-fives Fran from the happy owner: RCR 40.

I wondered how Fran was doing so well--as you give you receive, thank you Fran for giving us someone to look up to and admire!

I can second and third all of the positive comments on Fran. About a year and a half ago my son and I visited RCR to look at their facility and think seriously about a deposit on an RCR GT40. Fran took several hours out of his day to show us around and answer many questions. My son also got a few photos of him sitting in the showroom SLC (which his buddies still talk about). But the real example of Fran's character came when an unfinished RF40 came on the market that I was interested in. Fran knew the car and builder and said he would not hesitate to recommend that car. I ended up buying that car and finishing it. This resulted in the loss of a sale for Fran and me realizing my dream of having a GT40. I would not have bought the car if not for Fran's recommnedation. You can read the posts over and over here, Fran really does the things that are good for the individual versus the bottom line. Although I firmly believe that attitude improves the bottom line. Someday there will probably be an RCR kit in my future.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Classy move, Toby and Fran.

It is my belief that this type of action will return positive rewards that are many times greater than the original effort.

Pat

Way to go guys. Relieved to hear Tom got something for his $$ and Fran jumped in there to facilitate a good outcome despite having no obligation to do so whatsoever.... The desire to promote a good vibe in the industry is a wise and wonderful thing to have.

I am happy that Fran was able to step in and help Tom, and also glad he was able to help Ian.
Fran is right that we are a small, close community of enthusiasts.
Sometimes we fall on hard times. I don't know what fate had effected Ian's work.
Ian Clark was there for me when I needed him for my car, and I'm sorry Tom had to wait so long. I hope the parts you received make your car an even greater experience as did I.

Jack

I agree, Fran is the industry leader when it comes to service. Thanks for the seats Fran. I am very happy with the fit.

The RCR seats fit straight into an RF.

My next car is coming from RCR. :thumbsup:

Ron Earp

Admin
Fran and RCR did me a favor by making us a torque plate for our Ford 3.8L V6 cars. Must appreciated and as always well-done. Thanks much,

Ron

torqueplate.JPG

Fran has done me so many "favors" that I can't count them. In the short 4 years that I have known him, he has always been extremly supportave. Thanks Fran!

Just wanted to add to this a bit...

Have bought several parts now from RCR and all are of very high quality. Very pleased for sure.

Back