Beware Darren Georges - GT Forte

Gentlemen,

Just wanted to bring to your attention troubles we met with Darren Georges from GT Forte.

A friend an I are currently building a dedicated gt40 to tracking. I already own a road one and my friend too.

The build is based on a gtd chassis.

We decided to go through Darren to buy a pair of door hinges. After many many many promises of delivery (every one being cancelled), we finally received the promised set but totally INCOMPLETE.

We complained about it to Darren and basically his answer was : F..K OFF I don't care.

I and we don't think this is not the good way to do business and it looks like Darren Georges hasn t chnaged its way of doing business. Have a look at Darren Georges through Google....

So for those willing to buy parts from him, I would rather recomend them to be really carefull.

Best regards

Stephane & Carlos

Hi Carlos etc,

Are you serious? Are you really doing exactly what you said you wouldn't do under any circumstances. Are you honestly going to post this and not present the facts in at least some resemblance of un-bias?

Do you want me to cut and paste all of the emails and the PayPal dispute comments that have been made back and forward? Coz it'll make you look like you are massively over reacting, and not presenting the facts at all correctly.

Maybe your reaction would be F**k Off i don't care if you had designed something special without charge, then had it made in a one off without a premium, sent it out because you were desperate for it and sent the bearings the following day so you could start looking at fitting it all as soon as possible. Then you put a dispute in with PayPal without first emailing, calling etc to let me know it was a problem for you. All of this at the same time as offering you a huge deal on bodywork parts including part ex of some old piece of shit that no one else would want, but, I would do it as a favour.

Then when you ask for a refund, I immediately offered you one on the basis that the parts were returned, at my expense, and you weren't happy with that. I'm sorry, but, if you had just been a little less uptight about it, and not complained to PayPal within seconds of receiving the hinges, you'd of had the bearings the following day and been happy.

What you don't like is that I acted with the same attitude as you. When you started throwing your weight about and demanding refunds, I just did the same thing and insisted on giving you that refund. Then suddenly you realise that the design was exactly what you needed, the parts were exactly what you needed and now you are stuck because you've upset me by trying to overly aggressive, and you've given me no credit for the help that I've given you to solve your problem, on a car that's not even one of mine.

Plus Carlos is lying, because in his attempts to placate me, when he realised he'd been over the top and that what I had supplied was precisely what he needed, he said that he wouldn't resort to posting on forums, and instead said that there were several GT40 owners interested to see how he got on with dealing with me. He said he wouldn't slag me off, but, that they would read into it because he wouldn't feel able to praise me. Well that's perfectly understandable, so why have you come on this forum to slag me off, having said you wouldn't? Not only that, but, you can't even present the problem in an honest way.

I'm sorry but at the end of the day you asked for a refund, and I didn't hesitate in offering it to you, and you still haven't accepted that or told me when is convenient to collect the items etc, so what have you really got to complain about? The ball has been in your court since before Christmas.

To add some balance to this posting, I’ve had numerous parts of Darren over the years and have always had great service
If there has been a delay on a part, he’s kept me informed and I’ve never had an issue with parts quality.

Regards,
Andy

Back