Jay Harris - Infinitybox / ISIS Power

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Amazingly helpful and responsive! I sent a technical question through their website this afternoon and Jay responded this evening - now that is fast!

For anyone who hasn't looked into this wiring system you owe it to yourself to check it out. I'm just starting the install but once I figured out where to mount the cells the actual wiring is really straightforward, no relays, no flashers, no high current going through switches.....

No financial interest, just a very satisfied customer.

Dave L

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I second that emotion. I have installed their system in my GT40 and my '72 Pantera. If I have a question Jay normally responds the same day. The product is super high quality. It will be in the '86 R5 next. But, he changed the name for some "unknown" reason. It is no longer called ISIS Power. It is now "Infinitybox".
INFINITYBOX | Home

I agree. I own 4 of their systems (well, 3 plus the original 1+1million relay system) and am very pleased with my purchases. jay's always been quite helpful, and the fact the products allow me to wire up my cars w/o any fear of burning them down is also a big plus :D

Steve

Supporter
Mike,

This is a little off topic but why did you install their system on your SPF GT40? What were the advantages?

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Steve:
Long story.
Here is the short story. My SPF was the first right hand drive car that was delivered to the US and apparently one of if not the first one built. The wiring harness was a left hand drive harness that had been extensively modified to work in the right hand car. That along with many of the other problems with the early cars wiring like voltage drop issues, relays, switches, etc.,had me looking for solutions to all of those problems.
I also had installed EFI for the motor and I had some mystery problems that I had attributed to the wiring of the car.
I was upgrading the wiring in my street Pantera to get rid of similar problems when I realized the potential of the ISIS system. Here is a short list of the benefits I have realized:
1. Built in security system with remote.
2. True one button start and stop. No key. Just like modern cars.
3. Only milliamp power in wiring harness and dash. Virtually no chance of electrical fire. There is no unprotected wire in the car. The mega fuse block connects directly to the battery terminal.
4. Reduced the weight of the car probably ten pounds getting rid of the wiring running around in circles.
5. Safety battery switch on dash that shuts all power off with the push of a milliamp powered push button. Push button on outside of car for safety worker access to shut down all power.
6. Powered door locks.
7. Soft start on headlights.
8. Pulse width control of the cabin fans.
9. Pulse width control of the radiator fans.
10.Radiator fans and engine electric water pump remain on after engine shut down for programmed length of time. Eliminates heat soak.
11. Fuel pumps are interfaced with injection system and ISIS to shut down if engine quits and all of milliamp switched from the dash.
12. Using LED indicator lights with no need for flasher.
13. Automatic LED interior lights that stay on after shutdown and then fade off.
14. Unit senses voltage drop after setting for extended period of time and isolates the battery leaving enough power to start the car.
15. Emergency flasher.
16. No voltage drop problems. Power cells are with three or four feet of what they power rather than twenty or so with the stock harness not to mention the relays, fuse block, etc.
17. The Lucas style switches will probably last forever since they are now switching a 5 volt milliamp current rather than a 12 volt 10 to 30 amp current.

That's a few that come to mind.

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
I agree Mike. It’s on my to-do list for my Pantera. I think the inTOUCHNET module is pretty nice, could save a bunch of dash real estate and gives a lot of future flexibility. Pretty cool to do that from your smart phone or tablet, though may prove to be a bit too distracting while driving for some functions. Interesting that it’s WiFi.

Just the same, it’s a great power management system. I’d rip out everything and start from scratch with their products.

What they don’t have in their product line is the ability to receive engine sensor inputs and similarly drive graphical instrument displays nor data log. I’m familiar with Race Logic. Some nice stuff in their VBox line, but what would be great if there was a similar modular and graphical interface for engine and on-car sensors and cameras.

-A daylight readable color display with the ability to design your own graphical display like you build a website, and switch the display readout and graphics with multiple menus. One in front of you for the traditional heads up information and one on the side dash or your smart phone/tablet for all other instrumentation please! And why not data log while we’re at it?

Anyone know of any similar products that do that?

The ECU manufactures can certainly read and log all the engine sensor input, and display after the fact as a PC download, but as far as I know, none have similar ability to wirelessly interface and drive an on-board tablet in real time nor manipulate/customize the graphics.

Best,
Kelly

Back