Supplier feedback

I recently purchased some parts from a USA supplier through their Ebay shop.
The parts arrived eventually after nearly 3 weeks in transit, most of which was un-traceable due to a poor tracking website. Normally a week to 10 days is the norm. I also contacted them during that time to chase delivery, but the response was so slow and I think the parts had actually arrived by the time I got a response.

The parts arrived quite loosely packed but luckily without any real damage, and without instructions.

I wrote to the supplier to request a digital copy of the instructions, I eventually (3 days) got a response saying that I should call their technical people. I responded to say that all I wanted was the instructions and asked them again to send them digitally as I felt I should not need to call the technical people at my cost for a document that should have been included in the first place. After another wait I got a reply that said, and I quote;

“If I had instructions available to me I would have sent them to you. You will have to call in to our tech department to get all your tech questions answered.”

There was no offer to pass on my enquiry.

As I was unhappy with the poor packing, long delivery, poor communication and missing instructions I left negative feedback and moved on.
I recently went back to the website to buy a couple of additional parts to go with the first part.

Ebay said the vendor was not taking orders, so I contacted them directly to be told that, and again I quote;

I am sorry but Ebay blocked you from buying from us because you left us negative feedback. You cannot buy those screens from our store. “

I responded saying that I knew eBay did not block buyer from buying again if they had left negative feedback. Their response!

“Customers who do not allow us to fix an issue before they leave us bad feedback are not good customers and do not deserve to buy from us. Sorry, but you should have worked with us because we always take care of our good customers. That is why we have over 3,700 positive feedbacks in the last month. “

I went back with copies of the emails requesting support before I left negative feedback, I also asked for the CEO’s email address, and got this response.

“I believe you are confused in this, as he is the one who made the rule about customers who leave bad feedback must get blocked. I fear you will fall on deaf ears with your complaint.”

I am quite stunned by the arrogance of this company in believing that even though they failed to meet their customer exceptions in quite a few areas and did not provide a complete service, the customer (me) therefore does not “deserve” to buy from them again!

If this is their attitude to customer support and feedback then I cannot see them lasting too much longer.

I have always found that dealing with US based suppliers has been a complete pleasure and they will do anything within their power to help a customer. This is why I felt the need to report this.

Maybe I am over reacting, am I?

It’s my hard earned cash I am parting with.

I believe that a vendor who will only deal with people he believes “deserves” his attention is not worth spending any more money with and should have his attitude highlights to other buyers.

I have not mentioned the company as I know the forum does not want to court legal action, but maybe the administrators could advise if they are happy for me to release the name of the supplier.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I took care of your duplicate thread...

It's been said:
A definition of insanity could be doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different outcome..

I happen to agree... You left negative feedback based upon your experience in order to warn off others. If the product was acceptable, perhaps you should have left neutral feedback. What's done is done and I would move on to find another vendor.

Is this vendor a GT40s.com supporting vendor?

No, they are not a supporting vendor, and thanks for sorting duplicate thread.

I did think about leaving neutral feedback, and if it had just been one little niggle i would have. but the packing, the delay and missing manual just tipped me over the edge....

Yup, have moved on.... just didn't get the attituide !

Andrew

Keith

No, they are not a supporting vendor, and thanks for sorting duplicate thread.

I did think about leaving neutral feedback, and if it had just been one little niggle i would have. but the packing, the delay and missing manual just tipped me over the edge....

Yup, have moved on.... just didn't get the attituide !

Andrew

Agree that American vendors have a fantastic can-do attitude and are great at communicating. I think your error may have been leaving negative feedback and then trying to buy from them again!

They might have thought it a tad cheeky perhaps...:quirk:

Andrew,

If it is a part that you really need, or something that you can't get anywhere else, perhaps someone would be willing to purchase it on your behalf. If you can't find anyone, let me know.

Then, when all is done, I can leave negative feedback too. :)

Back