Has anyone bought anything from egaugesplus?
A local business (owned and run by a friend of mine) ordered a Mustang dash for me from them but I am told nothing has arrived and they don’t reply to emails etc. The payment worked though...

Tim.

Ok so no dash has turned up, they don’t reply to emails, they won’t answer phone and they don’t call back in reply to messages on answering machine.
Can anyone near 307 E. Roger Dr. Trenton, Ohio 45067 confirm this business exists at that address?

Tim.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I could not find any reference to "egaugesplus" in the business license data base for the state of Ohio. None, dead, expired, active, none.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I could not find any reference to "egaugesplus" in the business license data base for the state of Ohio. None, dead, expired, active, none.

Below from their website it appears "eguagesplus" is a DBA ans "South Motorsports" is the real business name.

We will accept money orders.
Make money orders out to South Motorsports.

Mail to:

egaugesplus
307 E. Roger Dr.
Trenton, OH. 45067-9707

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
Tim,
Hopefully you didn't pay by money order.

Good rule, only pay by credit card or paypal. If you did either, file a claim immediately.

Good luck,

Ron

Re: Egaugesplus aka South Motorsports - scammers?

The dash was purchased via a friend of mine’s workshop.
He paid for it with credit card but somehow PayPal became involved, I am not sure how or why.
The bank responsible for the credit card are trying to deflect responsibility to PayPal. I am not sure where that has got to as of now but as far as I am concerned it should be the bank responsible for the credit card that should sort this out.

From now on I shall beware egaugesplus and South Motorsports.

Has anyone ever bought anything from them? Good or bad experiences?

Thanks to those who have tried to help, much appreciated.

Tim.

Re: Egaugesplus looking more and more like a scam to me

Entering the address in google maps brings up a suburban house...

Tim.

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
Good thing it was paid by card. It sounds as if it went through PayPal backed up by a credit card. Just log a complaint with PayPal w/i the first 30 days and everything will work out unless it was done Friends and Family.

Unfortunately we have to live in a "never trust" world unrecognizable to our forefathers. It never ceases to amaze me how in this day and age people will still do things over the internet by Money Order or Paypal FF to save a small fee when no recourse exists if defrauded.

Candidly, I almost always use American Express as they have the most consumer friendly dispute resolution process.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Can anyone near 307 E. Roger Dr. Trenton, Ohio 45067 confirm this business exists at that address?

I can "confirm" (via Google Maps) 307 E. Roger Dr. does exist. It's in a tidy residential neighborhood and a small, single family brick home is located there.

If there's a "business" being run from that location it must be an in-home internet-type. However, based on your experience, I have my doubts about it being 'legit'...

Howard Jones

Supporter
No combination of "south motorsports egaugesplus" comes up on Ohio business license database.

https://www5.sos.state.oh.us/ords/f?p=100:2:::NO:RP::

I do this when I am considering sending money to a business I haven't worked with before in the US. Every state has a like webpage. When a business is listed usually you can view past complaints, how long in business, other stuff like settlements and fines.

Good practice. Good luck. Make sure you read your credit card rules and put transaction in dispute correctly.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
After a little responsibility ping pong from credit card provider to PayPal it looks as though the provider is going to sort this out... we’ll see.

Now I guess I need to find out what action can be taken against the people behind egaugesplus/South Motorsport.
Time to start looking for something similar to our scamwatch, consumer affairs, ACCC etc over there.

Tim.

Back