Porcshe Trans and Adaptor for Sm. Blk Ford

Have for sale Kennedy Adaptor complete with flywheel, Clutch Disc., cover, all fasteners and heavy duty Delco starter (extra cost option). This is for the early engines (65-79) 28 oz balance. Trans is 914 model that has been checked by trans shop as O.K. Enclosed is pic of parts installed on engine. Engine was not fired with these pieces installed, so they are fresh, just installed and then removed. Could not use this setup with the car I bought (CVA 40). $1500.00

Attachments

• 21829-drtrn#2.JPG
    21829-drtrn#2.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 455
Hello Victor,
Why could you not fit the Gearbox in the CAV? Would the chassis not allow it in for some reason? Or is there something else not quite right with installation?

This arrangement will go in an MDA with little mods. The bellhousing looks to be quite a large type and you do know that the Flywheel could be rebalanced to the later Ford 50oz if necessary. The box looks all ok in pics, but what ratios doesnt it have and final drive? It would be a fair deal for someone to use this as it is at a good price in my opinion. It may also fit a GTD40 with a little brave mods at the rear gearbox cage areas.

If you still have the unit and no takers, please mail me directly, I may have a new client that is taking an MDA interested in that arrangement. Or maybe myself.

Cheers

Mark Sibley
MDA

I am fairly sure this could readily be made to fit in a CAV; however, the G50 is not one of the direct bolt in options that we provide.

Trans is not a G50...it's the 901 (?) which usually has 1st gear deactivated to protect the trans. Not a high perf unit.
The 016 is much better, cheaper, readily available, and
supported by Kennedy as well as CAV and RF.

MikeD

It would probably fit if inverted, although I doubt that big starter would clear the chassis.
As Mike stated, the 901 wasn't much of a gearbox, having been installed in 914/4's. The 902(better ratios) was used in the 914/6's.The 915 was a lot stronger, and many of them are raced(modified gearsets)in 911's. The G50 is stronger yet, the G50/52 has taller gears, the 1989 G50/50 turbo box(G50/52 ratios w/beefed up case and gears), being the strongest of that series. The short rear cover(1987), makes fitment relatively easy.
The six speed might fit, with some minor chassis and lower
rear clip modifications. I considered one, but couldn't bring myself to hacking up my rear clip! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Back