Semi Monocoque anyone?

We are having purge on space at present and have decided to offer this Semi Monocoque chassis for sale. It is a GTD designed and built unit and requires a good level of work and design to complete this project. It is smart looking and the panel work is good. The chassis engineering side needs looking at. I would do it myself, but I have way too many projects on the go right now. I am offering this on the forum as it is GT40 related. If there is no interest here it will probably go to E bay!

Attachments

• 22321-MVC-019F.JPG
    22321-MVC-019F.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 813
Forgot to mention what comes with the chassis:
Complete chassis with all panelling, Roll cage tubes, suspension arms front and rear, covers for ally tank ends, gearbox stiffener and rear demountable gearbox cage.

It can be supplied with a Body if required in either lightweight or Road Format. Or if required original Body Mould supplied in Carbon Kevlar hybrid mix. MDA can of course supply any of the items you may need to complete this project and will fully advise anyone interested.

MDA does not intend to supply Monocoques either Semi or full. We are just having a Purge on non MDA products which are offered for sale for us to release valuable space for our expanding business.

Further Photos or details are available from mailing us directly.

Regards

Mark Sibley
MDA

Attachments

• 22323-MVC-007F.JPG
    22323-MVC-007F.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 760
Just one more pic to give you an all round view.

Attachments

• 22324-MVC-005F.JPG
    22324-MVC-005F.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 852
MDA/Mark, has there been any rigidity testing done on that tub? Who built it? I am interested in something that won't flex for racing. Why are there no reinforcements on the sides where the ful cells go? It does look nice though......Any more info would be appreciated, Scott

I don't think there has been any rigidity testing on this chassis-have you had an answer to your question as to who built it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
oops! It says who built it at the 1st post

AS I stated on the first posts: It needs an amount of engineering to make it work. It does look ok, the ally is all NS4 aircraft spec, but the whole thing needs looking at. Begginers need not apply!! This is a seasoned pro job only...

It has sponsons in the fuel cell area and a degree of stiffening, but it is a project and a half..

It Is a shame more time wasnt spent in the early stages of development, it could have been better.

Mark

Mark,

Did you get any interest in the tub?

If not, then do let us know when you put it on eBay, as it'll be interesting to see what response it gets...

Rgds

Neil

Back