Ford Racing Windage Tray

For Sale a new boxed Ford Racing Windage tray for a 302... offer invited /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also a brand new Sealed Power Pick-up

Fred, if you drive north, and there is a strong wind from the east, it helps to hang a tray on the passenger side window for additional down force. Just kidding, it is a metal sheet attached below the crankshaft to keep oil in the pan and keep it from sloshing up onto the crankshaft. This can return 10 or more horsepower and ensure that the oil pump does not run dry momentarily.

It also keeps the windage ("the disturbance of air caused by the passage of a fast-moving object") from the spinning crankshaft from frothing up the oil in the pan. Hence the name...

That's a different kind of windage, but like that which a windage tray is designed to reduce, is most problematic if you have a wet sump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

A windage tray is what we'll need to pick up the pieces,
here on the Mid-Atlantic coast, after Hurricane Isabel
has done her thing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

bill
i hope your gt is in a real safe place!! i've been through a few(southern louisiana) mabye you should bring your car to my house for safe keeping!!(probably the last place you'd think of to run from a hurricane!!)good luck and batten down the hatches!!!!(oh and board the windows!!)

Back