Wanted UK 351W block or short engine or engine

I want to build a 351W based engine, but need a starting point. Anybody got a spare one to sell or dispose of in the UK, or know where there is one in need of a rebuild? Would consider a part built project engine with forged crank, and also looking for parts for same. Aiming to build a 408 or similar.
What have you?
Lee

Lee,

I will have a low mileage Edelbrock Performer RPM manifold(351W) and Edelbrock Performer 750CFM(elec choke)available within a week or so. E-mail me if you are interested. I haven't decided on a price, but it will be very reasonable.

Bill

Hi Lee

Not sure if this is a Windsor or Cleveland, but it sounds interesting and may be worth a call.

Ford 351ci V8 for sale
Date: 30 November 2003

Ford 351m (5.8l) stripped and ready for inspection

Chem Cleaned and checked,
Fresh rebore @ +.030
Every component there from carb to pan,
Photo stripdown history and build manual inc:
£300 no offers

Contact Details
Location Southend, Essex
Home Telephone 07880 927370

Good luck

Rob

Well spotted Steve - I'll try reading next time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Any of these would be a good starting point:

FoedBlock.gif

Note the first column above - click the size/metal you're interested in at the following URL to see its specifications.
Click Here For Dart 351 4-Bolt Main Iron/Aluminum Block Details

Regards,
FordAluminumBlock.jpg

Lynn

Attachments

• 26782-DART_351s.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 486

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Gary, didn't you build a Dart block motor for you demo car? How did/is that project? And, the results assuming its done?

Regards,
Lynn

Gary, I am going to start a new thread on this so we don't hijack this gentleman's inquiry in this one.

I'd love an ally block, but I definitely can't stretch to a new one. So looking for a secondhand one which I can get machined and fill with lovely forged bits.

Again would be also be interested in a started project which has forged bits already with it.
Have you a part completed or even fully completed project engine or just the bits for one in the shed which you will never get round to finishing? What have you?
4 bolt mains preferred (I wish), but most things can be made better.

Back